Saturday 24 February 2007

Pledge Day update

Well, now I've got that huge questionnaire out of the way, I thought the blog was starting to look a bit barren so I thought I'd update you all and post a few piccies.

We celebrated my brother's birthday early today ( he'll be the big four-oh!) by going to Liverpool and having a nosh-up in one of the many Chinese Buffets that are around, on this occasion, the Buffet Star on Hanover Street. We judiciously parked out of centre ( to avoid higher parking fees) and walked in. Of course, the parking just happened to be a few minutes from Abakhan so on our return, I nipped in to see what bargains were to be had.

Well, you'll think I've a halo but I didn't spend a penny! The bargain stuff was all way out colours or what I've already got stashed away, they did have a copy of the Patons Cargo pattern I've temporarily lost the run of, rather manky and tattered but whan I asked how much it was, she said ...a fiver! I was shocked and walked away, I mean, I got that pattern for free from Abakhan Mostyn, it was a total joke. So, hence, virtuous me.

Anyway, I have been spinning today but I've been in the mood for v fine (typical) which isn't exactly aiding in the fleece busting enterprise. Nothing much to show yet so I thought I'd show you my last lot of spinning and dyeing.

The back 3 skeins are the last of Sandie's Ryeland Shearling from ebay a couple of years back. It ended up a rather bizarre mix of peachy-pink and green ( I'd used red and turquoise). I'm still mulling as to what colour to overdye it as to my eyes, it looks a right mess. The front three I'm happier with, they were shropshire cross and actually have Angelina (pink) mixed in here hnd there though the photo doesn't show it so it goes quite well with the pinks lilacs and turquoise.

The end one looks rather strange on the photo but is quite spectacularly mean and moody in the flesh. The three balls are all Coloured Ryeland, again from Sandie. I used my new drumcarder to card the different shades seperately then spun them from dark to light and vice versa so each ball will naturally stripe as you knit. Unfortunately, with what's left, there's not the same range of colour but that's what I'm spinning at the moment, I'll finish that fleece eventually!



Haven't posted a pic of both poochies in a while so I thought you could have this one, Floppy looking his usual ( I'm trying to be obedient) look, whilst Biscuit can't be bothered, typical!

And finally, another picture from the seafront. It's a big circle of people holding hands with the dresses of the ladies picked out in different colours of stone and marble. It seemed particularly appropriate giving that I'll be joining hands with someone somewhere in the world when I participate in SP 10 (and so will loads of other people!). So that's the picture I'll be leaving this blog with today.
Whew, I reckon I've earned a rest for a few days!

2 comments:

Kath said...

I see you're busy, busy, busy as usual. That's the trouble with little one - I don't get the time to be busy doing the things I want to! LOL! I meant to ask what pattern you did your last Moebius with? Very nice it was too!

Artis-Anne said...

And you say I have been busy ;-) Hope you enjoyed the Chinese , I used to love going over to Liverpool for proper Chinese . Seems like we have both got our fine spinning head son but mine is on hold at the moment. I NEED more hours
See you Friday :)