Thursday 8 February 2007

Let it Snow

..So, while the rest of the country grinds to a halt due to excess snow, we get...


...a sprinkling. Didn't manage to take my camera out yesterday to snap Floppy going bonkers over the frozen grass in the local park so you'll have to make do with this somewhat stagemanaged one instead. D'you think he's getting used to the camera? Anyway the grass was barely snowy today, so still some excitement but not quite as extreme. Bless him, when you get snow on average once every five years and then maybe for an hour or two, wouldn't you go a little crazy?


The ducks on the little pond were'nt sure what to make of it all, but they thought I was going to feed them so all started waddling across the ice as I was taking this photo.

Totally out of sequence this time, the other photos are from Sunday whan we went strolling once again. this is the only knitting you'll see this time so note well, We're even going on location now!

"Today, Chris is sporting her new Moebius scarf after Kath and in particular Anne were bragging about theirs" (not really!)
Considering I only used a couple of remnants from my stash and cheap acrylic at that, the darn thing's never off my neck at the moment, I plan to knit one in my precious cashmere stash (If I ever get to locate it again- it's here somewhere!)

We walked to Fort Perch Rock and for the first time in my life, actually went inside! My location shot and the one below were taken inside, atmospheric, don't ya think? The weekend had been quite foggy but on sunday it had faded to a mist which made for some interesting views! Unfortunately, I found out when I got home that we weren't meant to take any photos there, oops, I didn't read the leaflet, sorry!




Knitting has been a bit scant on the ground this week, I had a fab spinning workshop at the weaver's guild on Saturday, pics to follow; and it looks like spinning Friday was spinning Thursday this week as I plyed my odds and sods 2, lord knows what I'll do with it though!

So, Cheesylove now has a back and front and collar, but the sleeve seems to be heavy going as it's back and forth, not in the round. deadline Wednesday, will I make it? PLUS, I just found a nifty little pattern that'd be great for the nearest and dearest so i'll have to slip that one into the schedule too- can't tell you what it is yet though, who knows who will read my ravings!
Alpaca, the seductive one of my last blog is no more, it had to have yet another dip in the frog pond so is no longer a UFO. Basically, I got past the ankle then tried it on my leg. Fitted like a glove but I had a hell of a job getting my heel past the leg part and there's no way I'm wrestling with Alpaca on a regular basis so there'll be some pattern modifying going on in the near future (after Wednesday!)

In the meanwhile, I am trying to CATALOGUE MY STASH! and TIDY IT! There have been brave attempts and an initial sortie has already been made but it'll be a truly herculean task if I really do manage it, so keep your fingers crossed for me!
I still haven't got onto my fave books yet, that'll just have to be for another blog.

2 comments:

Kath said...

I see you've got the links thing under control now! Must reknit my moebius - could do with it round my neck with this weather!

Artis-Anne said...

LOL bragging was I ? well I do like doing moebius :) they are great though as you have found out & a quick fix.
Lovely piccies yet again , I have never been into the Fort either. Didn't it used to be owned by some guy and then he tried to sell it; not sure of its status at the mo? !!