Wednesday 14 February 2007

Cheesylove the Finale

Well, distractions etc. aside Cheesylove was finally finished at 4.20pm today! Here's the proof.
Okay, it still looks like a Black blob, but at least I'm wearing it! So the Valentine's sweater was completed in time for Valentine's Day and I will be proudly wearing it tomorrow when we go for our meal out as neither of us wanted to pay inflated Valentines prices. If I look excessively redfaced, that's a combination of half a bottle of plonk plus a makeup session at my local training place this morning, it was a kind of bribe so I could have my facial, they needed one last assessment for their records.

Bizarrely on the way home, one of the shopkeepers i know well asked me what I'd done with my hair and since it's been a) 6 weeks since it's last been coloured and b) in desperate need of a wash, I probably just looked a bit healthier so something must be working!

Also, being pure wool, Cheesylove's actually very warm despite missing the extra layers underneath that I typically wear at the mo, just a single short sleeve top so that makes it particularly welcome (even if it does make my face redder!).
Thought I'd introduce you to my latest stash buying excercise, or rather hubby having a splurge. We visited Stash where I bought a ball of sock yarn ( left), some Addi turbo's and some cute rubber sweater DPN holder thingies. On the way back, we called into Voirrey and they still had some Cashmerino Superchunky that I'd passed up on cost grounds after Christmas. Hubbie insisted I buy it after the fallout from previously mentioned event. So I got as Debbie Bliss book as well with 3 patterns that use it and enough for any of them, aren't I the lucky girl?

The skein in the middle is the previously mentioned Spin Thursday offering. It has a mixture of merino and silk, trilobal nylon and angelina fibre in pinks, blues and icicle white so it's really pretty when you get it in the right light. I haven't weighed or measured it yet though it seems a bit small and after navajo plying more like a DK weight than a 4-ply so it'll have to sit and look beautiful for a while until I work out what to do with it.

The saga of the Alpaca continues, no sooner did I finsh Cheesylove than I got started again with my modified Helter Skelter pattern, but 56 stitches instead of the recommended 49. After a few inches, I decided it needed to taper a little so I've swapped to 2.25 needles, minor frogging has again taken place but I'm confident (?) that this will be the final knit. Pictures to follow.

Pretty things- I finally got my Christmas prezzie from LOU on Sunday so I had to show it off, it's so Purty! Haven't a clue what to do with it besides dangle it artfully over things but it's all shimmery and shiny, much nicer than the photo and I'm pretty sure she's made it for me as some of the shapes I've seen in her shop. Still, It's my most prized thing at the mo, even above my yarn which just shows how much I love it!

It occurred to me that I hadn't thanked Kath in my last post for all her help in Blogland, any refinements to this post is entirely down to her so please give her a pat on the back from me.

And incidentally, while we may have had a piddling amount of snow, the same could not be said for my brother, he was unable to get his car down the road due to the massive amount of snow that fell his side of Wrexham. He just about managed to escape on Sunday and come down to see us but I gather it was still interesting getting it back in his drive again. He lives down a private road so no gritters, you see.

On reading Anne's blog, I thoroughly agree in limiting the stash, however, as my local yarn shop is (very slowly) closing down and has a permanent sale with 25% of all their yarn ( and they sell Rowan and Kidsilk haze!!!), I feel unable to join in any yarn diet until it's gone. BUT THEN, boy will I be dieting!
I will be listing on Ebay again to support my yarn habit (also my Burton Manor Course and holiday habit) soon so keep an eye on "chris_cheats" for some book and yarn bargains.

1 comment:

Kath said...

That spinning looks good all plied up! Will have to see that in the flesh I think!