Wednesday 21 February 2007

Better late then never + pledge day 7 ( or is it 8?)

Ooh, I just read on another britknitters blog re: SP 10 (secret pals), I've read about them for a while and now I think I'd like to take the plunge and step outside my comfort zone a bit. Thing is, I need to get my posts up to 10 as a newbie so I'll be posting a little more regularly so that I can get to my quota before the cut off date which is 28th Feb (hence better late than never- it'll probably be by the skin of my teeth!)

Anyway, on to more serious? matters. In the past 7 days, I have
1) Completed My wendy Saffron Sweater, I'm wearing it now but can't post a pic as himself's not around to take it but it'll be up shortly. In doing so I also

2) Completed my half day sewing up this week. It was sort of cheating because I still haven't tackled the ufo pile BUT that's not for want of trying. This evening I have mostly been searching for Sirdar Denim Ultra in the right colour to finish sewing up a tie front cardi (unsucessful); searching out yarn for my next quick project (was sidetracked a little winding some pure cashmere yarn from a fiddly little skein onto my ballwinder) which was sucessful; then hunting out pattern for aforementioned next project which had unforunately gone walkies so not so good!

Additionally, I unintentionally ended up tidying the front room a little (which is always a good thing) and reorganising my stash so I have yarn for the 3 next projects. Whether this will actually happen is in the lap of the gods, of course, the last time I drew up a (quite expansive) list after Christmas and stashed all relevant yarns in a corner, I only ended up knitting about half of it before getting fed up with the quantity of it all!

3) Only visited my LYS once so far this week- on the buying versus knitting ratio I bought 5 balls Patons Zanzibar, 2 more Filatura de Crosa Mohair Multi (I just love that yarn but my house is crammed with mohair 'cos I've never knitted any of it yet aside from my Multistrand Rug- I'll get round to taking a pic of that eventually!) My Saffron Bolero Cardi took 8 and a half balls so I've actually REDUCED my stash this week! (Albeit by a ball and a half!).

NO spinning so far but that's planned for tomorrow or Friday so it's all working out rather nicely PLUS I've got past the heel on my Alpaca sock yarn, I've tried it on again and whilst it's still a bit of a drag past the heel, I reckon it's livable. I'll just have to decide whether to stick with the 2.5mm needles throughout on the second sock or if it'll look vastly different.

On the same note, I'm wondering whether I'm due my Fyberspates sock yarn this month - on her blog, she said they'd be out by last Friday but I've had nothing yet. I do hope it's not lost in the post!

So, I've a choice as to what goes on the needles next- Cerys, a zip-up cardi in Colinette point 5 (did I mention I hate zip fitting worst of all?); a zip up cardi in Sirdar Bigga, colour Cranberry (ditto previous comment); something in Patons Splash- I've at least ten patterns for it but not long since knitted a sleeveless top in another colourway so need to get enthused; a holey pattern shawl thingie in Patons Cargo (the pattern I can't find) as I hate sewing it up and this pattern doesn't require any sewing; and finally, Little Red Riding Hoodie from Domiknitrix (but I'm scared in case I have to do lots of maths to fit the pattern round me). All in all, nothing particularly grabs me (apart from the one I can't find the pattern for!), so, any suggestions, votes, comments?

I guess I'm feeling pretty virtuous to have stuck to my plan this week, we'll have to wait and see how much life gets in the way next week (unless I become a hermit and never leave the house!).

Hopefully, some piccies to break up my waffling tomorrow.

No comments: