Friday 23 February 2007

For Kath and also Oops!

To explain, Kath asked for a pic of my completed Bolero cardi so I duly took appropriate pics, loaded them in in reverse order as usual, then in the waiting period started composing what I was going to say in my head. So, I'm mulling over what I want to type, thinking about going to the Chinese buffet tomorrow to celebrate my brother's forthcoming birthday and then...it hit me, I still hadn't bought a card! So, race out, find a small but perfectly formed card in WHSmiths, pick up a shedload of chocolate ( because it's been one of those weeks and I haven't done a choc run during any or it), then it's back to the computer to post my blog. Still stressful though!

So why the rambling introduction? Well, a) it's been a hard week and b) Smarties have given up with all their " no artificial flavours" rubbish so the blue ones are back, yaaay!

And, no I've never grown up and I don't intend to now!

So anyway, now I can get onto the stuff I was trying to do in the first place, namely, piccies! The first is once again, hot off the needles, my latest Moebius Scarf ( modelled carefully by my Daleky friend). It's made from pure cashmere yarn and alternated in places with a slightly different shaded 70% angora yarn. I've tried it on and it sort of drapes over each shoulder a bit like a wide yoke and as you'd expect it's lovely and warm. So not my usual colours, in fact, beigey shades normally wash me out but I actually think it suits me this time so maybe it'll avoid the dyepot!

At least I'm now two ahead on the Knitting group.

To explain, since I've been going to my local group on a Tuesday night, I had a fair amount of sweaters knitted up so I wore a different one every week and by the time I'd got through my oldies, I'd already knitted a new sweater or two and so the tradition continued for many months. Obviously, if the sweater was complicated and took a while, I had to repeat a showing of a previous jumper every once in a while and particularly over Christmas when I was knitting for others.

However, since Christmas, I've worn the Sirdar Yoyo long bolero, the Patons cargo zip-up, the Patons Splash sleeveless top, my first Moebius and Cheesylove! Now I'm two up as I can wear the Wendy Fusion next week and the moebius the week after and I've got a week and a half to create something else!

So anyway, as requested, here is the aforementioned cardi in all it's glory. Sorry I'm not wearing it but I did try photographing myself in the mirror (despite the fact we really haven't one big enough) and it was an unmitigated disaster! Anyway, you'll get to see it on me on Tuesday!

The Sock of doom starts to look like a sock, lousy pic, I told ya it'd clash! Anyway, there's enough to see we're past the heel and on the foot ( just about) so maybe I'll do some more of that this evening.


I'm still mulling next project, I need to straighten that one out. Perhaps because I've already done most of the back in the Sirdar Bigga, I'll do that over the weekend then come to a decision.
Anyway, as things have been a little trying this week and I've not been coping terribly well (I hate being under pressure with anything!), I thought I'd post a photo from our last Holiday to remind me of nicer times. Despite looking sunnily gorgeous, that was actually late October last year! We're looking across the harbour towards Whitby Abbey which you can see on the hill (just about, right hand side) with all the higgledy piggledy cottages tumbling over themselves in the foreground. At least when I scan this on my blog and find the odd spelling mistake that I forgot to fix, it'll give me a smile!

UPDATE: Some time ago, I decided Blogger hated me, well, it still does. BUT if I log in under www2.blogger.com, I get the sign in screen straight away and then it's plain sailing. I still can't access any of the tutorials from the main screen or learn anything new BUT at least I can post whenever I want (which is nice).
If I ever work outhow to get Flickr organised, I might just post a pic of all the jumpers I've knitted to date (that I still have) HINT HINT?

1 comment:

Kath said...

Gosh Chris you have been busy posting! It is a shame we seem to be the only ones who wear our own knitted items in the Knitting Night - never mind! I too shall have an FO to show off but I'll leave that untill Tuesday!!