Monday 2 April 2007

Sorry, No yarn pics.....

...However, I will get something yarn related posted by the end of this week as I have been a very hardworking young lady and got ahead of schedule with my sp10 Knits so normal service will resume shortly.

In the meanwhile, we took advantage of the Spring sunshine to take a walk along the Wirral Way, the site of an old abandoned railway line now turned into a country park. Rather than driving as usual to West Kirby, we parked at Caldy and walked there and back, only a mile or so in either direction so not too strenuous. We took this shot only a short way along as the vista was so pretty across the Dee. The little white specs in the distance are boats at the far end of West Kirby's Promenade and the lump in the distance could be New Brighton ( or at least heading that way).

We crossed through Ashton Park which was a hive of activity ( I had to wait a while to get this shot!) The Wirral way runs straight through it and there's a cute little friends of the park stand that sells Tea and Coffee (with a biscuit) for around 50p!



Now, I could have turned this pic round but A) I didn't plan to put it in then decided it'd be fun, my own ireverrent humour coming to the surface and b) once it was in, I couldn't get rid of it without deleting all the other photos so go figure! it'd be nice if you had some sort of basic rotate function in Blogger, as I'm sure I'm not the only one to forget to do it in advance! Anyway, I'm on the Wirral Way, return Voyage ( hence bulging bag!)


Himself with Church Road Bridge in the distance ( well, I did tell you it used to be a railway!), there's an old platform and buildings been restored at Willaston, V. cute.

It also shows the Wendy Fusion Jumper in natural light for a change. He did want to wear the green Aran (cycling cardi) but as I pointed out it would be a bit clashy with the red T Shirt!


Now, I don't usually bother with flower pics but I couldn't do a photo gallery of this area without a bit of Gorse. It's so synonymous with the area, it's a kind of regional flower!


In the quest to get the perfect shot, I kept my camera by me in the front room, ready to snap the poochies napping. Unfortunately, sharp ears here heard the motor whirr as it powered up!

Roughly 70% of photos taken of him have his eyes screwed shut 'cos he knows that damn flash's likely to go off again.

Coming soon, Easter Bunny Flopppy on Easter Day!

1 comment:

Kath said...

I love the Wirral way - it's such a little rural retreat and great for little one!
I'm sure postage must have been a real drain on the old purse, mind you it's along way over that fish pond isn't it?!