Tuesday 10 April 2007

Flash Your Stash 2007 (Part 1)

So, I've been trolling other SP10'ers blogs, nosy to see what others have been doing and getting; and I came across "Flash Your Stash."

Well, I had to really, didn't I? Thing is it has to be done whilst himself's at work as there's a fair amount of shifting and shuftying to get everything together (plus it also exposes the magnitude of it all...) Hence, I could only post today!

Now, as you can imagine, the poor arms aren't up to much in the carrying department, so apologies for the shaky photos, but at least you get a rough idea of what's there. i also haven't done much in the way of close-up's 'cos then there'd have been 200 pics which might have got a tad boring....

Anyway, here we are, 1a)Upstairs part one ( there's a bit more but I wouldn't have been able to fit it all on the landing!)

Roughly we have; the cone box ( no moth danger); mohair box1 and 2 with a little pure wool; Lopi box; handspun and odds box...


...Colinette Bin; Cashmere and Precious things suitcase; giant box of odds and sods that have no other home with my 80% angora cones on top (must get to dyeing those) plus odd packets of things including Nova and Curly Wurly.


My Downstairs Hall Stash, otherwise known as you can fit a lot into a weeny triangular cubby where the gas pipe from the house used to be (when it had gas lighting)


So, packs, and packs....


And boxes, and packs...

And boxes and packs....


And packs and more packs! There's cheap 'n' cheerful, bargain buys, nestling amongst Noro and Jaeger and Denim and Twilleys and Mardigras and eyelash and....you get the picture?

Now I need a couple of days to recover from all that lugging! But I do promise Stash part 2!
I'll be more than happy to be knitting from my stash once the local temptation's gone. So, roll on Woolfest 'cos there'll be some serious stash reduction afterwards!

3 comments:

Artis-Anne said...

OMG you DO have a problem !! & this is part one of your stash ?LOL.

Chris said...

My name is Christina Craig and i'm a yarnaholic.
Do they have an 8 step plan for us?

woolydoodles said...

wow! how much yarn do you own??
i managed to donate a lot of my acrylic to a friend making blankets for an old peoples home and thats left me lighter!
thanks for the info re matchmaker and click...i think a trip to liscard is in order in the very near future(not until after payday tho!) as iv orders requiring both these yarns.
take care
love mel x