Sunday 8 April 2007

Happy Easter! From....

...Biscuit and Floppy...Well, I did tell you the camera was slow!


This was the best I could get of madam, not quite bunny ears, more like bunny neckbrace, still, brownie points for trying?


Just in case I got really awful pictures, here's one I bribed earlier...


And now....A new face on the block....


Ain't she cute? Her name's Katie and she's my parents dog. They got her from an animal rescue centre a few years back now, a real nasty case of animal starvation and yet she's the nicest dog you'd ever meet (for that read gets away with murder- well, they all learn sooner or later how to manipulate you to their way of thinking!)


We visited them over the weekend, after first doing the businessmen's lunch thing at the Maharajah in Liverpool, nummy!!!!

I just had to photograph this sign, for all the world it looks like it's broken free from it's moorings and is desperately trying to run away! I kept trying to think of a snappy caption to go with it, maybe "I want to Break Free?". I guess it could be a bit boring facing a brick wall all of your life, don't blame it, poor thing...ahh, the life of a signpost...


Normal(ish) service will resume shortly, for those only interested in the yarn ( gimme the yarn pics now!!!!!); here is the latest in my dyeing endeavours . Pure cashmere, laceweight singles, oodles of yards ( I forgot to count!). Total 14og, I took a pic off the ballwinder as well this time as I reckon it looks so different.


And finally, the 3 skeins, all neat and pretty. I tend to wind the giant skein into a ball then into reasonable skeins as they store more prettily ( and it wasn't exaclty dry as I was too impatient to wait so it needed extra airing!)


NO doubt it'll transform into something lacy one of these days but I've no immediate plans so it can just be pretty things for now.

I did also indulge in minor Abakhan shopping that day in Liverpool so I now have an extra 3 balls to add to the mountain- it's now screaming to be knit so expect something new on the needles over the space of this week....I hope!

3 comments:

Artis-Anne said...

Aw cute 'bunny dogs' :) I know what you mean about getting them to pose, totally impossible !! so you did well:)
Sounds like you have had a great weekend. I have stayed in mostly as I have got the most awful cold ,sore throat & lost my voice (so its quiet around here LOL ), headache etc (do you think I can blame Kath & co also ? )
Guess what ? I too have bought a copy of Inspired Cable Knits at the same price, same place as you ; guess they had a bad lot !! Do hope mine has minimal damage also.
Enjoy the rest of your Easter. I'm off to sit by the fire and knit and feel sorry for myself

woolydoodles said...

gorgeous pics of the dogs. i dont think mine would have sat still enough for a photo!
love the yarn..the colours are beautiful.
where did you get your cabled knits and matchmaker(i could really use some for some thick socks iv got to do)...i work in l'pool n only live down the east lancs to you!
take care
love mel x

Kath said...

Thought you'd added a dog to your household then for a mo Chris!! Great bunny pics! It'll be like getting a good shot of Emily - she won't sit still for the camera either! Hope you had a lovely Easter - see you Tuesday (well tonight really!)