Wednesday 25 April 2007

WARNING!! Yarn Pr0n Ahead! Plus swatches, samples and WIP's

Well, It's midweek again so time for another post. Unfortunately, it's normally five minutes after I think this I realize there's no pics for me to post so hence the less than salubrious lighting conditions. It also has the knock-on effect where I have to photograph EVERYTHING, right now! So apologies for the number of photos ( for those what don't have broadband), I'm insatiable!


I've been a busy bee spinning every spare minute I've had and have already spun two more skeins! They're not anything like as lary as the photo, I just couldn't get the pic. right!


Next is my two latest spends at posh yarns, I was chuffed to get 2 skeins of laceweight cashmere/silk mix and one 55g skein of 4ply in the same mix. The pink one I got on my first splurge, the others I recieved today. I'm going to use both colours of laceweight in the same project, or at least that's the plan at the mo., but I haven't found the ultimate pattern to deserve it yet! They're too dark but all the others were too fuzzy, but you get the idea!


This is one of my swatches that I produced at "that course" when I decided the tutor didn't know what she was talking about. Aint it pretty?


It's double eyelet lace and I'm designing something like This but to my shape and perhaps a different neckline, I'm still at the thinking about stage at the moment so it's definitely a PIP (Planning In Progress). I also knitted this sample in the FDC but somehow can't find it so I'll have to knit another so I've got specs for my pattern! Bummer!


This is my pattern going round the edges, It's from the first Barbara Walker Treasury and it's vine lace. Not sure if it's anything like the Krista Pattern but I just thought it was kinda groovy!


This is what I'll be knitting it in, Filiatura De Crosa Mohair Multi. It's DK Weight, 60% mohair and lovely and soft so I'm chuffed to be designing something especially for it. Unfortunately, I took my sample to the knitting group last night and now everyone wants to snap up some! They can't, it's mine, ALL MINE!!!!!! ( just not quite yet!)

And this.....

...Is my latest forage into my LYS. She's been doing some Rowan yarns at half price so I snapped up a pack of 4ply soft, ( it really is!), some felted tweed to add to my stash and some 4ply from the bargain bin.

MY LATEST WIP
The Yoyo coaty Jackety thing continues apace, I've completed one half of the front and am on the other side. Unfortunately, when I came to pick up the knitting to photograph it, most of the stitches flew of the needle so it'll be a pick up job directly after I post this.

Still, looking shapely!


I had to put this one in one in, this was my "cloud" sample from "that course" ( before I strode off in My own direction). Intarsia is NOT my strong point and I couldn't even follow my own chart properly!

In other news, I e-mailled a letter of complaint to Burton Manor this morning; I was so worked up about the whole thing I was up 2 hours earlier than normal composing it! Donna aparrently did likewise ( but through the post today) so it won't look like I'm just being vindictive, I just hope some of the others do too!

It occurred to me that I haven't posted any poochie piccies since easter so here's a couple more..

Floppy in his favourite position...


...And Biscuit waiting to be fed!

In final news, I was told this afternoon that the Singer Shop in Birkenhead is also closing down. It's getting like buses 'round here! So there's no doubt bargains to be had but not sure if I'll get there in the near future, have to wait and see...

3 comments:

Donna said...

Phew, you've been busy. The mohair looks great. You left your swatch behind at "that course" but I don't know what happened to it.

Artis-Anne said...

Oh dear sorry to hear your course was no good , do hope the spinning one will be better. Its been ALL go with us this last week & I am still full of cold:(
I still have 10 balls of that FDG waiting to do something else with !! I did do a shrug with some of it with a pattern from Garn Studios but have to say its itchy mohair:( which is a shame as it is lovely

Kath said...

You should get that YoYo jacket onto some circulars - it seems destined to keep jumping off the needles! It will be interesting to see what your Posh lace ends up as so will keep my eyes open for that!
What will you do with out Ryder House and the Singer shop?!