Saturday 14 April 2007

Flash Your Stash 2007 (Part 2) + a little touch of springtime

Now, ordinarily, I'd be blogging on a Sunday whilst himself's at his playmates so I've got the room to myself and can post whatever I like! However, we're trolling down to big Bro's tomorrow so we can also take in the car boot sale and besides which himself considers it too hot up here at present ( well, we are south facing) so he's ensconced downstairs and I can show you more of my illegal cache!

Warning!! There is more yet to come! It may be a while however 'cos it's all crammed
into a corner in the back room and would take some shifting!

Until then, there's the stash from the living room (most of) and the minor bedroom stash.

From the top we have 1kg Colinette Skye in JAy (I think) one day destined to be Vogue's Twisted Float Cardi, about 1 kg? v thick (mega chunky) singles pure wool in one giant hank that's lovely autumnal colours and I had to have but haven't a clue what to do with!; my sock yarn box including a few gems from Posh Yarns and The Knitting Goddess on ebay; Twilleys freedom spirit in Fire and Air, 2 balls Sirdar YOYO, my Rowanspun 4 ply bag ( it's big!); Denim ultra in various shades and Debbie Bliss Alpaca silk in various shades (plus loads of other odds and ends).....


My huge wheelie box with too many different bargains to mention with some pure merino DK and 4ply Kid mohair mix from Yarn Paradise via Ebay on top....


More Denim Ultra (10 balls); 500g pure wool in greens and blues, more Alpaca silk and a full pack Kidsilk haze; plus 500g 80% kid mohair DK waiting for dyeing at the side there. Then there's the not quite so huge box with Wendy Fusion, Zanzibar, 3 different shades of 4ply mohair, Foxy and Foxy lady and loads more underneath...

This basically filled the stairs so I had to put all my stuff back into its proper places and start again...



...So here we have one of 2 storage devices ( didn't have it on me to shift the other one!) filled with non moth attracting yarns, eyelash and funky...

PLus... 1kg undyed Bluefaced Leicester aran ready for the dyepot, 1kg orange and yellows thick and thin aran wt pure wool, overflow sock wool, cones of cashmere and cash/merino mix

My other 2 balls of Yoyo currently on the needles, more denim and FDC mohair multi overflow and so on...


Do I really need to drag the rest out or will you all take it as read that I'm a yarn junkie?

Anyway, hopefully I've got you all heartily sick of yarns by now so as a little light relief, here's some nature...



I like a lot of flowers but for me there's something special about blossom. Maybe it's because it's so delicate, so transitory, one big gust of wind or downpour and it'll look forlorn and bedraggled. If I can manage to get it right, the close where my parents live is the site of an old orchard and in nary a week or so it'll erupt in a symphony of pinks. However, as this'll coincide with them getting a new kitchen fitted you might not get that picture this year...one day maybe?


So that's all for now folks, hope the weather's good wherever you are and if you can; enjoy it!

8 comments:

woolydoodles said...

OMG! where do you get it all from?? the fyberspates is lovely..which one is it?? hopefully im off to your 'secret' shop this week with mum(so i dont get lost!) so thanks for the tip!
has she got any 'freedom' at all??
take care love mel x

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh CHRIS, I AM SO JEALOUS!! I have a "junior" stash but only because I never know how much to buy of something I yearn to buy and don't know what I will use it for. My lys is changing owners and ALL of the yarn is half price. It is heart wrenching to stand by and not know what to get. I did break down and buy 6 skeins of Noro for a Booga bag for my dd and myself and some Collinette i just want to look at. I have my medical clearance for Friday so all is a go! Thanks for your kind words. Are your trees apples, cherries? My weeping cherry is ready to bloom and I will have to put in a photo as it is huge!
This is funny as I am a "mel" too, Knit on, Romelda

woolydoodles said...

where are you staying for woolfest? we are going to be in Keswick...is the fyberspates yarn in your stash the BFL?? as mine is pastel pink and green!!! im just waiting for my alpaca instalment for this month..didnt realise itd gone up in price tho!
take care love mel x

Chris said...

I joined in January, my Alpaca was gorge turquoise, the BFL was to my eyes a rather lurid pink (well, it was meant to be Valentines!), my last one in the box is a sandy coloured squishy merino that kind of put me off as the pattern's just basic. Let me know if there's any groovy patterns in future though, I may rejion, but I like the Alpaca best, read back on my blog to see how manytimesi frogged it yet kept coming back it was too good to relegate to the UFO pile!
I THINK our site is close to Cockermouth so quite a distance from yours, no reason why we can't meet up there tho, or before if you're game, you could come visit providing you don't mind nutty dogs and chaos!

Artis-Anne said...

You are defo a S.A.B.L.E. !!!Showed Tony and you have done me a huge fav by flashing your stash ; he now thinks I am now yarnless in comparison :) Oh and by the way we haven't seen your fleece stash LOL
I think our campsite is about a mile out of Cockermouth

Chris said...

d'you really want to see a pile of bin bags and brown feed sacks?
I have been busy dyeing again though and will defo be listing stuff on ebay in the near future!

woolydoodles said...

nutty dogs are not a problem at all! my 10 yr old dog is just starting to act like a normal pup!!! itd be great to meet up esp as yourself anne and kath are the only spinners i know of nearish by and i may be needing help very soon..........
take care love mel x

Chris said...

Mel,
Let me know when you're planning to visit Ryder House and we can meet up somewhere in Liscard. I'm generally tied up weekends but am pretty free in the week