Sunday 25 March 2007

Sprung Has Springed, Piccies, Yarn and Poochies too!

Aargh!! Click a button in the wrong place on this damn thing and it publishes!!!

Peace, tranquility... I've been racing round like a loon in the local park trying to get a half decent pic of these two reprobates...problem is, there's a real time lapse between pushing the button and it taking the photo so that's why many of my pics have to be stagemanaged as below...

Floppy, squirrel-watching.

After all, as I've joined the Purling Puppies, I felt I hadn't taken one of them in a while- best to grab them when they're snoozing...

I also snapped some of the greenery but that'll have to wait for another time or I'll overload you with images!

Also, as I've not much in the way of FO's ( I can show you); I've got a pic of one of last years FO's, a complete rewriting of Knitty's Leo.

The original was a 5x3 rib which I redesigned for some Matchmaker Merino Dk then fiddles again to knit this in Jaeger Matchmaker Merino Aran - Another Yarn shop bin selection, at £1 per ball, the whole thing cost me under a tenner! Being rib, I wanted to add something to keep me interested so the travelling cable pattern evolved- not easy to see on the photo. As I was working with 2 colours ( not enough of one), I played with skipping the cable bit to add interest.


Remember Marble Mountain? Would this be Linen Lake then?


My recent two Hauls of Rowan Linen Drape, aren't the colours glorious?

And I loved the colour of this cotton 4 ply, I've already earmarked a project from the Romantic Knits/Beads Buttons and Lace books.

And just to show I haven't spent all my time knitting, here's some gorgeous carded batt I'm spinning. There's merino, silk 'n' soya in there so it's got a lovely sheen...


There's under 300g in the bag but I have got a similar amount of a wool/silk mix in similar colours so I may blend, it depends what weight it comes out as.

And finally...


Bargain of the year, cute bunny ears. The dilemma is this;
1) I give them to Kath for her little one, bearing in mind they may never be worn

2) I attempt to take at least one pic of Floppy wearing them. Not as crazy as it sounds, I semi-trained him to " wear" a pair of reindeer antlers for very short periods at christmas, unfortunately never when a camera was in sight.

3) I buy a second pair so I can fulfill both criteria

Poor Kath, she's going to think I have a real thing about bunnies! ( whereas it's really I can't pass up a bargain!)

Will this post make up for earlier?

3 comments:

Kath said...

I've actually got her some ears somewhere in a moment of 'Aww Cute-ness' last year - must dig those out! So I definately thing we should have an easter bunny-dog!! That spinning looks diffent in daylight - not so washed out but then my lights aren't the brightest in the world - I believe the term is mood lighting! Are there 2 shades of Turquoise or is it just a trick of the light? They'll certainly keep you busy and they did feel nice and soft.

Chris said...

I will get training imminently so I can get a whole 20 seconds to snap a photo of him before easter!
The pic is a little on the light side, it's far more mean and moody than that though brighter than at your house!

Artis-Anne said...

Lol WHY do they never sit still long enough to capture that 'perfect' piccie, my two are the same, Thank God for digital cameras
Love that deep burgundy 4ply and look fwd to see what you knit with it. Thanks for your mail , will reply once I get a chance ;-)