Monday 12 March 2007

My Latest Projects (or how I desperately want to start something new!)

You know how it is, when you were a kid, you'd been ill, you were recovering and you wanted to start loads of things but didn't have the energy to finish anything? That's me right now!

I'm (barely) holding a cold at bay, the Asthma meds have mostly taken care of the sniffles but boy, am I under par! I kinda want to snuggle up in bed all day, have someone else take care of me and just sleep it all off even though I know I'd ache after a while.

So, the knitting's been slow, I've two projects on the go at the moment, one for days when I have a couple of brain cells functioning, the other for truly brainless days. Guess which one this is?


Correct, It's the latest Fyberspates sock club installment as promised. You can just about see the textured hearts in the design, it's got a fold over top which is why it looks a little weird. It really fazed me at first, so soon after finishing the other pattern 'cos it was so thick in comparison!

I debated whether I'd been sent the correct thickness at first 'till I told myself to stop whinging and just get on with it. As usual, I've had to do major overhaul to the pattern, this time it was too wide so after 6 swatches on different needles I decided I didn't like the shape of the original heart anyway so shaved 2 stitches off the width of each ( plus a little length) and now it's the perfect width for me!

After using an alternative heel I thought I really ought to take a photo while it looks all flat rather than when I do the foot and it all distorts. So that's where I'm up to when I have the brains to follow the pattern!

This is the other WIP, lace for the braindead! It's in my fave Patons cargo to knit up quick, takes 7 balls ( 700g!) and requires no finishing other than tidying loose ends. Bliss! (but boring!)

So, why do I want to start something new? I already have a Spirit Jumper half-made desperate to be finished (just in time to be stored for next winter!); my Starmore sweater started from god knows when and numerous bits of finishing to do on almost completed sweaters that I just don't want to deal with!

I waver between a Victorian lace project or a stitch patterned sweater (yet to be found) for my variegated 4ply kid mohair blend or knitting the cover pattern from Inspired Cable Knits in Marble DK. Or them socks on Knitty (even though they'd probably turn my hair prematurely grey). Or probably a hundred other different sweaters once I start looking thru my knitting books and mags.

1 comment:

Kath said...

Busy, busy, busy again there Chris! Those socks don't look as lary as you were saying. Was it a heel flap before rather than a short row heel? Just being nosey!