Sunday 25 March 2007

SP10, Blogger theatrics and all that Jazz

So, I've been noticing for a week that I haven't had my icons for adding pics etc. to my blogs, hence why I haven't posted for a while (that plus I've finally got my SP10 match so I've been frantically knitting, more of that later). Anyway, for anyone suffering the same problem, it appears Java's pretty crucial to the whole process (and as a side issue, the recent Java Update has meant anyone not updating could be in a load of doo doo program wise), so it's back to Firefox again where everything's hunky dory. In all fairness, the computer's been whinging for a Java update for ages so I guess it's my laziness, but it does appear Blogger likes Firefox best- they even mention the fact in their help stuff, yes, I actually looked this time!

Anyway, enough techie mumbo Jumbo, onto some serious yarn talk. I have been knitting, but because of SP10 I'm not sure if it'd spoil the magic so I am taking pics as I go and it'll have to be one big explosion after it's all over. Pity, because I'm doing some interesting stuff right now that I wouldn't necessarily do for myself. I am knitting for myself, a big (huge!) coat jacket in Yo Yo but as there's 29" of stocking stitch to knit all I can really show you is the pretty colour change. The Growing Roots cardi's on hold 'till I get my book ( see below)

The second Valentine's sock is still stuck on the needles, mostly 'cos I can't be a***d with it and I've had my next installment so it's starting to pile up. I see Anne finished Round 2 of Sock Madness only to bow out, don't blame ya, if it's too much pressure, is it worth it? Too many times I've taken on far too much and ended up having to let people down so I'm (trying) not to let it happen again despite my life not being at its most stable right now.

We've been budgeting away for a combined £500 car bill, with MOT, Insurance and a Drive shaft all needing doing at the same time, well, the job was done but the noise is still there so that means the wrong shaft was changed and it'll be another £180 to fix it. There's a question mark over whether both shafts needed changing or if the fault lay with the Garage for changing the wrong one, or the least noisy one, I know my opinion but my soft hearted husband seems to be wavering.

I'd list a few bits on ebay but the market's not wonderful at the moment and there's nothing worse than going through the time and trouble to list a whole heap of stuff and have half of it not sell or go for peanuts, it's demoralizing! And I've inadvertently made the library buy the same book in twice, it appears Romantic Style and Beads, Buttons and Lace are one and the same, one for the U.S. audience, one for U.K. Now I know you're going to say I didn't force them to buy them but I still feel guilty about it ( but not so guilty that I won't slip a few more interlibrary loans in on Monday!)

THEN I bought a few balls of lovely yarn to send to my Spoilee and lost one on the way home! Plus I've been putting myself under pressure to find the perfect pattern then disliking knitting with it ( why do I do this to myself?) Plus himself's been glued to the computer (probably to take his mind off the car) so I've been feeling pretty lonesome and scoffing a whole lot of choccie, bad sign.

God, I'm obviously in rant mode today, apologies for anyone who actually ploughs through it, I PROMISE I'll stick some sort of pics up, maybe later so you can scroll past this crap and look at pretty things!

On the positive side, I got another bargain of the decade, Inspired Cable Knits for £1.98 plus postage off Amazon ( God Bless You, Warehouse Deals!). For those not in the know, it's still Amazon but when they get a book with scratches, scuff marks etc. that's not 100% perfect, they mark it down to ridiculous prices and I've got a few real bargains that way.

I await the postie with bated breath!

2 comments:

Kath said...

I had the same prob re posting but cleared the internet cache restarted and everything's hunky dory (except my spelling and typing!)
Bummer to loose one of the balls of yarn - tried retracing your steps? Or is it resigned to the great yarn stash in the sky?

Romelda said...

you are a funny story teller! You have my interest piqued, I almost wish I were your secret pal so I could see!! I Know the feeling, I did something also and I wish I could be the fly on the wall when she opens it!!
fun fun fun