Thursday 4 December 2008

Handmade Item Swap Questionnaire

Swapping time comes around again...or pretty soon anyway! There'll be some fab. FO's to show off on Sunday but for now it's just info...

What kind of items are you interested in receiving?
Hat, gloves, handwarmers, socks, scarf

Do you knit, crochet, or both?
I basically knit, one day I’ll find time to learn to crochet!

What is your favourite colour?
Blues, greens, purples, autumn shades, deep chocolate browns, bright firey reds, black.

What is your least favourite colour?
My skin tone doesn’t suit beigey or pastel/washed out shades. Mustardy dull colours, most browns also don’t suit.

What’s your style? (elegant, traditional, glamourous, girly, natural, sporty, outgoing, etc.)
Eclectic! Okay, you probably want more than that…I favour cosy, comfortable items, tend to knit showstopper numbers as far as sweaters are concerned (to indulge my showoffishness) but they still have to be warm, snuggly and comfortable.

Do you have a favourite type of fiber or brand of yarn?
I like soft yarns whether all natural or wool mix, wool is so warm and cosy. I luurve variegated yarns like Noro, Mirasol, Manos for special occasions but there are so many lovely self-stripers out there now, it’s hard to pick a few! Sirdar Escape, Wendy Fusion, James Brett Marble, Opal and Regia sock yarns are all fab.

Do you have a least favourite type of yarn?
Itchy, scratchy yarn, I’m not terribly fond of cabled yarn (it reminds me of school sweaters!).

Do you do any other crafts?
I spin and dye as well as knit. I have done loads of other crafts over the years but tend to stick to these three at the moment.

Are there any knitting accessories you are interested in receiving?
Stitch Markers always come in handy! I’m addicted to Knitpicks Harmony needles right now, from their fixed circulars for socks to their interchangeable and straight needle sets but they’re a bit pricey for this swap!

What do you like to eat?
I like chocolate (who doesn’t?), ginger, orange, mint, caramel, shortbread, cookies, chocolate chip cake and for xmas we’re lining up a chocolate fondue set so stuff to dunk in chocolate could be good too like crackers.

Any allergies/preferences (fiber-wise or treat-wise)?
I don’t drink tea or coffee though do have the occasional Hot Chocolate or Twinings Fruit tea. If you have cats and they’re anywhere near any yarn/knitted item you’re sending me, just let me know as I’m mildly allergic. It’ll stop me from smooshing my face in straightaway! Gentle washing generally sorts it out anyway.

Anything we missed that you’d like your partner to know?
Nope, think I’ve covered everything I can think of but if you need to know anything else, just drop me a line. I’ll happily clarify. I love swaps and the chance to get to know new people!

No comments: