Thursday 18 December 2008

'Cos If I don't post anything now....

...Life's been pretty frantic at the moment (if you hadn't guessed!) and I still haven't exactly photographed everything but at least I can do a wee bit of catch-up.

First, and in typical fashion, what should have come last (but hey, I've had half a bottle of wine at this point so I probably can't blame it on Blogger this time!), My most recent F.O.'s...


The Pampas Military Jacket. It's actually slightly stretched on me but it might just be the push to shed a few pounds after xmas (so long as it warms up a bit)...

It was a very quick knit (3 days) and is now residing in the shop window, capturing admiring glances and basically feeling a bit smug. We've already had one of the newer members get inspired to knit the pattern so that's good too...

..Then there's the Bergere de France Jacket. It ended up taking 21 balls but it did knit into a lovely thick but soft fabric and makes a lovely warm cuddly jacket. I am more than a bit in love with Natura, their combination of Alpaca and wool is lovely to knit, shiny, soft, lurvely! It also took less time than I thought though not as quick as the Pampas Jacket!

Anyway, in fantastic reverse-o-vision, here are the pictures from the knitters Xmas meal, back on the 9th. Just nobody blame me for some of the less-than-flattering ones!

Still, a fun time was had by all....
Alcohol may have been consumed (by some..including me).....
Our genial host (and the source of my increased yarn addiction) namely Val, owner of Made...

(did I metion alcohol?)..Nice soup though...
In truth, around five of us appeared to share 4 bottles of wine (though thank goodness we stopped at that!) so there were a few tipsy but not totally plastered group members that night.

It was a great night and a chance to meet other than at the shop (hence away from the wool fumes!) and the food was good too at a reasonable price. Who knows, maybe we'll have to spring another meal,...hmm, what's the next event...Easter maybe?

In other news, the Hug coat is nearing completion (or in the glass half-empty theory, getting closer to the dreaded sew-upathon); I'm currently creating a unique collar 'cos I have to add a twist here and there...

The xmas knitting list is officially closed as of today. There may be an IOU for the new year and swap pal stuff still to knit but in the short term it's going to be all " me, me, me!" (no change there then!). I may have a new project on the horizon, hopefully a quick one and I will get back to spinning sometime soon...just haven't had the energy after running round like a headless chicken trying to do christmassy stuff and housey stuff and shop stuff all at the same time, MAJOR plate spinning excercise, let me tell you! And poor hubbie has the dubious pleasure of having a birthday tomorrow which has always been a bone of contention as to its proximity to Christmas. Granted it hasn't always been treated sensitively enough and when my dad ended up shattering his ankle one year on that same day, he held his hands up and declared enough was enough! Anyway, now I need to be extra sensitive, arrange an as non-christmassy day as I can get my hands around at this time of year (this time it'll be a meal and a movie, fingers crossed!) whilst doing all of the above...

Still, his prezzies are wrapped, card's written and he's booked the day off (which, considering he's just worked 11 days straight is very necessary) so fingers x'ed it'll all go to plan.

So that's it for now, lord knows when I'll next post but you'll just have to watch this space...

No comments: