Monday 15 December 2008

Better late than never: Friday Questionnaire (UK Swap)

So, what is your favourite winter warmer for your hands?
Umm, for practicality, I’ve had loads of use from my snuggles, I like the gloves with just the fingertips missing so I can queue in the cold and still knit. Next on the list to knit will probably be glittens ....you can see a pic. here so I can have toasty fingers when they’re not needed for knitting and maybe a hideously complex fair isle number to aspire to like sanquhar gloves (but a bit funkier).

Then again, I could try for a felted knit…indecisive anyone?

Do you have a favourite pattern or finished object?
Too many to count! I was mooching through the ravelry pattern selection (for three hours!) and found these which are really pretty…along with a million others!
(Floral Fair Isle Gloves) (rav. link)
(Twisted stitch Gauntlets) (rav.link) and...
(Swirling gauntlets) I might add fingers though!

What is your favourite yarn for gloves/mittens/handwarmers?
Wool or wool blend. I used Wendy Mode Aran for the snuggles but anything that keeps the wind out and my hands warm, it’s not an easy task round here as it’s pretty windy! Hence the felted versions.
Are there any patterns out there you would love to own?
With so many fantastic free patterns and my overly large library, I’ll never get through what I’ve got already!

Or do you already have a winter warmer and you would like some mittens/gloves/handwarmers to match?
I don’t have anything specific on the go at the moment.
Sorry for the lack of Sunday post, poor hubbie's been working all weekend AND I've started clearing the front room ready for the tree, not an easy task! I'll catch up eventually....

No comments: