Wednesday 5 September 2007

Almost Forgot!

...To mention about the fab yarn I got from my swapmate in the Sock yarn and Pattern swap!

Sorry the pic's a bit lousy, but you get the idea! The Pattern Deb had put in with itn was Hedera from Knitty which I thought was great as I LOVE cookie a designs and aspire to the hard stuff!

BUT then it hit me...on the way to the bank...FAWKES SOCKS!!!!

It's a fab blend of red, yellow and orange, just perfect for the fiery phoenix...So thanks Deb, I'm so sorry I haven't had a second to look at your blog yet, it's been crazy!

Pity it's way down the list right now, I've just posted on the UFO knitalong that I've had to add extra UFO's as I have so many projects on the go right now, especially with knitting stuff for my secret pal. We've worked out that she'll get two parcels to save postage but I really wanted to get the first one off soon and take advantage of surface mail. Still, I found a quick knit amongst the buys from the fair (sorry, I can't show it yet!). With a little embellishment and a parcel or two through the mail, I should be ready to go with phase one.

There was an advantage to a little judicious buying..I picked up some laceweight undyed yarn at the same time ready for a colour change (and a spare one in case I muck it up!). I want to have finished a fair few projects before the starting date of Secret of the Stole but that means some stuff just has to take a back seat.

Eek!...Mel, you are a bad influence...I've just signed up to Sock Wars too! (definitely cuckoo in the head!).