Monday 2 July 2007

Part Knitter, Part Duck!

Living where we are, we've mostly avoided the worst of the British weather, being somewhat higher up from the Mersey and therefore extremely unlikely to be flooded out of house and home ( though the water pressure's diabolical!). My heart goes out to those poor Yorkshire souls who have been driven from their homes for probably countless weeks by rising and sometimes contaminated floodwaters.

I am however mildly teed off that I end up with wet feet EVERY DAY! Having out of necessity to go around the park at least every morning (the poochies can only cross their legs so long!) and also not having the sort of feet that will comfortably fit into the average wellie or otherwise waterproof footwear, I am beginning to feel like a duck!

I am sure if this continues I will be developing webbed feet! Despite the rain having stopped by the time I went out this morning, I STILL have soaked feet because of the rivers of water flowing down the footpaths, seeking out any low point. The lake had long since overflowed and was taking up most of the path around its edge and I could only watch as more and more water poured in. Typically, I had no camera so you''ll have to use your imagination!

The wool socks have however come in useful round the house whilst waiting for the training shoes to dry out. On that subject, the third pair of Jaywalkers continues to grow, using the 2.5mm needles with the modified pattern certainly takes less time which is a godsend by pair three!

In order to keep my sanity, I have actually cast on for a new project! In the theory that, when you take an umberella, it won't rain, I am knitting the Eastern Style Jacket from Wendy Mode in Jaeger Matchmaker pure Merino. I live in hope of blisteringly hot weather which will make knitting it uncomfortable! Fingers crossed!

Pic to follow

Ah well, knitting group tomorrow, the first Smoke free session ever! Bliss!

1 comment:

Romelda said...

Oh, my gosh, you have been busy!! Did you see any of the Tour de France. I joined the KAL and it has been so much fun. New date for surgery is November 16. I see a lot of sitting and knitting this summer, HA ha.