Thursday 12 July 2007

A Lovely Surprise!! SP10 stuff

I must admit to feeling a wee bit sorry for myself of late, the throat thing has been getting me down, especially the idea that I have to wait 3-4 weeks for it to go away/go back for tests to see if it's anything more sinister.

So it was a lovely surprise to find a jam-packed yellow mailing bag on my doorstep when I returned, somewhat wearily from a friends house.

This was what I found inside...


....peeking out at the back there is a lovely handknitted cotton washcloth in springlike greens. yellows and blues, the whole package was wrapped in the green tissue you can see at the back and tied with the lovely cord you see at the front.

Romelda had warned me she was sending me a birthday present and told me it was a cloth BUT she didn't tell me about the other goodies she sneaked in! She'd bought me EZ's Knitter's Alamnac AND Knitting Workshop ( which costs an arm and a leg IF you can get it over here!), PLUS she'd sent me the cutest card I've seen in ages!

Romy, you have spoiled me rotten and I thank you, you've made my day! (But you are a VERY naughty girl!!!!!). Just you watch out, there'll be something in the post back at'cha given time!

I've met some amazing people thru SP10, and I feel honoured to have taken part, I know I've put my heart and soul into those packages I sent out and I know others have too. SP11 is now signing up, ready for matches in August and the round proper starts again in September. Plenty of time to knit warm wooly things that'll actually be useful! I hope I get to make new friends next round too!

Thanks too to Mel for checking on my wellbeing today- she keeps in touch to check I'm alive! She's got a few bargains from her LYS but I'm not jealous! I've found a source of HALF PRICE Debbie Bliss PURE SILK!!!!!!

2 comments:

Romelda said...

well that beats my half price Debby Bliss Baby Cashmerino!!

Kath said...

Well haven't you been busy! And what lovely goodies from your SP10 - I nearly got Knitting Workshop myself from WoolFest but was to tired to go back for it at the end of the day. Baz is on lates on Tuesdays until almost AUGUST!! so unless I can get a babysitter I'll see you on the 31st!!