Sunday 8 July 2007

I've been Dye(ing) to show you this one! MS3 update and Woolfest Goodies!

As promised, the full colour pallette of the latest dyefest extravaganza!

From the top, there's Navy (same sort of patchiness as last time, must need shedloads of dye for an even result!); Turquoise, Plain old fleece (as it's not discoloured).

Middle row has pale Bottle green, Emerald green and a Khaki? sort of shade that happens when you mix brown and yellow that's not terribly colourfast.

Bottom row has a Red that looks Pinky, Blue and strong Bottle green ( I chucked half the pot in!)


You can see why I'm not so enamoured by the laceweight at the mo., can't you?
It's begging to be spun, particularly now it's all dry and taking up a whole chair!

The 5th Jaywalker kind of went walkabout but luckily came home again in time for the weekend. It's all done bar the grafting, so now there's only one more to go!



I've been asked what modifications I made, basically there are sixty somethng stitches on the needle rather than the original 76. The pattern has been altered by having a 6 stitch gap in between increases and decreases, rather then the pattern's 7 and using 2.5mm needles with loose tension rather than the advised 2.25mm.

The throw has grown too, but just a bit.


Maybe by next post, you'll see the difference more.
MS3 NEWS
I finished Clue 2!


I am so loving knitting this pattern, there were only 50 rows this time, I nearly thought I'd complete them on Friday night, but when, at 11.30pm I noticed a couple of errors four rows back, I knew it was time to call it a night.

I was busy the following day with a needlefelting course, see the fruits of my labours below.

However, as soon as I got home, it was straight to the needles and on the home straight. I finished around 7.30pm, and I have to say, it was definitely easier than last week.

I think I must be getting into the stride now, the beading's becoming more natural, I have a great setup with the laptop- I don't use a printed pattern, just enlarge the pdf 'till it's big enough for me to see comfortably and count as I go. Far less mistakes to correct this time too!


These are my needlefelted pieces from the day, it was really lucky that Mel had time off post Woolfest, so she came too and we had a really girly day out! Mel, you have to post a pic of your psychedelic cat! The poppy's not quite finished yet, so you'll be able to see it completed sometime!

In other knitting news..


...This is the first pics of the eastern jacket I mentioned last Monday. My theory being, that knitting warm wool in bad weather would encourage good weather (which it is uncomfortable to knit warm things in!). Well, in the week since I began, there HAS been rain, BUT I actually have had far less wet feet 'cos there's been a whole heap of not wet weather too!



Here's the cable close up, I'm really loving knitting it, even if it does grow more slowly than a lot of recent projects.

MOUSE UPDATE!!!!!



It's currently fingers crossed that the (multiple) meeces have found a new home thanks to this little gadget. Hub has cleared up the mass of mouse poo around the microwave area ( I know, Lovely, isn't it?) and so far, fingers crossed, there's no more appeared.
Long may it continue.

WOOLFEST STUFF

My eternal gratitude goes out to Mel who, armed with a shopping list and some pennies, did boldly go forth unto the event that was Woolfest, and, verily, didst bring me prezzies...



500g of young goat mohair from Crookabeck? Angoras. The tips looked well mucky (as mohair often is), so it got a dunking today. The worst of the muck, unfortunately appears to be a heavily veged fleece (serves me right for not picking before!), so there'll be some heavy picking once it's dry.



She also got me some luscious merino silk from Wingham's stand as well as the 72" niddy noddy I'd asked for- the only one in the whole show! That green mix reminds me of Kermit the frog and the right hand front purple is really vibrant in the flesh.

They'll go perfectly with these...



..colours I picked up from Winghams a while back. Not totally sure what it'll be yet, aside from wearable, it can stay on the inspiration pile for now.

There's still a hoofing fleece to come, but she also got me these as a birthday pressie!


There's a threading hook in wood with a 1" and 1/2" WPI tool attached (never lose it again!); a cute sheepie keyring and a fabbo gingerbread sheep ( which by the way was delicious- It got eaten as soon as I got a piccie!). Mel, you are a real sweetie!



The Adamas shawl is looming again, now, thanks to the kindness of my knitting group, I have plenty of stitch markers!

On the top are Donna's Sheep and dangle beaded things, Lyndsey from group whipped up the lilac flower and heart markers on the top row, made a pile of others for samples then gave me them all!

The bottom row was given to me by another of the members, Jean, and I was given another free pack of stitch markers from Simply knitting a few months back so now, I'm ready to go...

...apart from the fact that I've lost the run of the pattern...D'oh!

I'll have to trawl the computer and see if I can find the pattern- it appears in a fit of zeal, I accidentally deleted Charity's e-mail with the original attachments. Double D'oh!
Biscuit despairs of me!

2 comments:

Donna said...

Hiya, what a coincidence that Lynsey's lilac ones are very similar to my blue ones. Good luck with the shawl.
I love the colours of the stuff that Mel got from Woolfest, pity you couldn't go.
How is the course prep going for Burton Manor?

woolydoodles said...

So glad you like the haul...you know I've been worrying about it.
Thank you so much for Saturday, I had a lovely time!...the feline 'creation' is now on my blog.
Can't wait to see the Portland spun as its sooooooo soft and the colours are yummy esp the khaki.....some gloves maybe???!
Thanks for being a great mate
Take lots of care
Love n hugs
Mel x