Monday 16 July 2007

Endings and Beginnings SP10, MS 3, UFO's and stuff

Wow, there are a lot of endings in this post!
Firstly, the final Jaywalker is complete!


I can FINALLY get on to something else- depending on how virtuous I feel, it could be another UFO ( See below for further news!), or one of my 3 current projects- Spinning ( no, I couldn't resist playing with the Portland, think last time- ONLY BETTER!); Eastern Jacket and Adamas Shawl.....

Watch this space...............

SP10 FINALE!
I can't hold it in anymore, I got my second (and final) parcel thru the post this morning!!!!!!!


There's a cute drawstring bag (did you make that yourself Charity?- it's lovely!), 2 patterns, some pretty photos - whose yarn stash is that one?

But there's more.....


....A knitting book that Charity messaged me about a week or so ago- it was on my Amazon.com mailing list, I'm chuffed to finally have a copy! There were 3 little dinky sachets of woolwash in different scents PLUS 2 pretty fridge magnets, one with a pic of Seattle, her hometown....


....Here it is in all it's glory, a magnificant skein of Socks that Rock in stunning- Fire on the Mountain!
But there's even more!


...This wonderful shawl which was folded within the cute bag- it's amazing that you had ANY time with moving, changing jobs and getting ill to knit any of this! It's a lovely mix of greens, browns and greys and it feels nice too!


The front points can be flung over opposite shoulders, short poncho style, or left to drape down the front as in the pic- you'll notice Trouble had to get in on the act!!! (Hint, bottom leftish-his nose!)


...And this was the second fridge magnet, I LOVE the sentiment, I'm the most untogether person out there!

So this, for me marks the real finish of SP10. Thanks, Charity for all your hard work, I hope you had fun too! You'll have to post what you recieved, I don't think I've seen anything yet?

UFO NEWS
I FINISHED ONE!!!!!!
Two, actually, It may have taken me 5 hours to sew in a zip by hand ( and leave me with a blister!), but another project ticked off the list.

Whether it actually does anything for me fashion wise is another issue, but, hey, it's Colinette, it must have cost me £30-£40 from the bargain bins to create so it's damn well going to get some wear!

The second was finding, then frogging the front of the hideous fluffy thing which will at some future date be transformed into a less cabley, more streamlined sweater.

MS 3 Clue 3
I sort of got seduced by the fleece over the weekend, so it took until today to complete the last 25 rows. I am still in there, still enjoying myself and will no doubt be in withdrawal this weekend when there will be no clue 'cos of Harry Potter Book launch.

It's growing, isn't it?

Still not sure how long it will end up, it's meant to be 77", but whether my tension is anything like, who knows?

I've been looking at the designer's blog/site, and I have to say, I LOVE her shawls/stoles!

I may have to purchase one or two next month, to continue with once MS3 is over, we shall see!

I have been following another fellow blogger of late with particular interest as she is a designer who blogs about the processes of designing and then sells you the patterns when it's all finished and written up. WELL, I have been seduced by her BEE FIELDS SHAWL!

I've waited a short while for it to become available as a pattern and now I've got my greedy mitts on it!

Do you see a certain lace element taking over?

Talking of all things Potter (yes, I've pre-ordered!) I've been watching the films in order and racing thru the books in order to fully re-acquaint myself with all the little bits. I appear to have developed a fascination with the Knitwear! Not exactly unusual, himself usually raises eyes heavenwards as I scan programmes for suitable candidates, but I've got a bee in my bonnet about Molly Weasley's outfits in Chamber of Secrets. The first, the Housecoat which a version of is in Charmed Knits - but I want to tweak it to make it MORE like the original- even though what I know about crochet, I could write on the back of a postage stamp!

The second is far more complicated, it's the lacy/cutout sweater she wears during the floo powder incident and later at Diagon alley. It's impossible, so, I want it.....

...I mean, I've drawn little diagrams on the back of the nearest envelope (also a common occurrence), it's sort of boucle shapes roughly resembling horseshoes held together with bars of thread. I mean, it could be devore, some cutout fabric, I really need to get it out of my system fast 'cos I know it'd drive me nuts- BUT...if I could make something that was IN THE SPIRIT, a little more user friendly?




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

aha! so that's what you look like! You are so cute!
I am nowhere near even thinking of knitting with lace although I received a skein to play with BUT I sure do love what you are doing and the one you got was gorgeous, maybe next project I'll think harder! haha
did you go to the Tour de France when it went through?

Charity said...

Yes, I did make that bag. It's Amy Butler fabric. :0 ) I plan on making several project bags with her fabric.