Monday 23 July 2007

I am still here, honest!

Sorry for the lack of pics on this one, I felt if I didn't post something soon, another whole week would flash by and as I'm unlikely to remember what happened last week by next week (hope you're still following!), I thought this would be better than nothing.

I've been a busy bee and spun both bobbins of yarn into two handsome hanks. Well, actually, not so handsome hanks, but I know that they'll knit up extremely nicely as we've been here before with the cinderella fleece (formerly known as the S**tty fleece!). I ended up going for plain old navajo again so the stripes won't be as long as anticipated BUT they're shaping up nicely all the same. I sort of spent an entire day finishing it, pushing myself way beyond tired so understandably, I'm having a wee rest from spinning right now.

I have however been tackling my UFO's, and the jackety coaty thing now has 4 1/2" of its 6" front rib done. With over 200 sts per row and the fact that you can't see the difference between knit and purl stitches in anything other than bright sunlight (which we haven't exactly had in abundance), I do feel that's something to be proud of. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel, just about!

This weekend, the latest installement of MS3 has focussed my attention, this time 2 pages with around 70 rows per page ( it's 2 weeks worth). The pattern's settled somewhat so it does knit up more quickly and the fact that hubby did overtime Saturday did leave me a full day to get stuck in so we're onto the 2nd page now. it seems to be growing at a great rate of knots somehow, all of a sudden. I promise I'll post some pics when I get a moment.

Anyway, the reason why this blog is pictureless and indeed late is mostly down to the fact that Virgin, our service provider, in their great wisdom decided to terminate our broadband service on Friday afternoon. We waited the appropriate time to see if it was a fault then phoned them, got the runaround, complained and finally got a supervisor to agree to waive the charges as it was not our fault we were on a premium line, it was their screw-up.

Anyway, an hour later (11.35pm), we finally had service back again (no explanations), but it had knocked out the router etc. so the only way we could access the internet was downstairs with the laptop via a cable and no way of connecting with the other 'puters to get pics. It was only on Sunday afternoon with the help of my brother that we got everything working smoothly again (I type this with fingers crossed for, as I was typing this post, we lost internet again, but luckily for a short burst!).

Ah, the joy of the internet, you get used to it then something goes wrong!

Saturday, however, was an exciting day. I got my Ebay books thru ( I spent £138 on FOUR Alice Starmore books- when we had £200 in the account for the end of the month!); Took the dogs round the park then usual postie arrived with my pre-ordered Harry Potter- perhaps not so cheap as ASDA but saved me spending megabucks there in the process! Amongst the letters was also a bill from British Gas who have so hopelessly overcalculated our usage that we had a bill with a credit of £104 which, luckily, they automatically refunded so we don't have to live on bread and dripping after all! YAAAY!!! We also got a £15 quarterly gas bill, ditto previous comment, ditto timing.

I am, however, resisting the charms of the Potter until I have read the rest, in order. We're up to Goblet of Fire so we're halfway there! You forget all the subtle nuances that they leave out, or switch inthe films, so it's been refreshing to re-read them again.

My ebay stuff finished on Sunday evening with fantastic results, so I'm waiting for payments to trickle in and for ebay to work out why it won't let me send the second highest bidder a second chance offer (technology again!). Mama is due for a visit tomorrow so what remains after she's had her pick will probably be listed over the next fortnight or so.

I am itching to cast on for some Monkey socks to cover the transportable, not too difficult to remember, new thing category. Most of my current projects are either more complicated or large to tote so it does make sense, doesn't it? Oh yeah, and I found the zip to the Noro cardi, no excuses now eh?

1 comment:

Donna said...

Woo hoo, I got my new Burton Manor brochure through yesterday, and there you are in all your glory!! Congratulations!!
Sorry, I've not been in touch much, I am not knitting while the thumb gets sorted, (update on my blog later today).