Saturday 23 June 2007

Thursday's Haul, WIP's and SP stuff too! (WARNING, LOADSA PICS!!)

...I know you probably want to skip straight to how much I bought at Colinette on Thursday, if so, scroll down the page a while...

...Otherwise, here's a peek at what's on ( and off ) the needles currently.
First, we FINALLY cracked the second sock curse...or so we thought..........


..Here are my new Jaywalkers in their colourful glory. Unfortunately, there was no one else about when I took the photo so this will have to do for now.
So, what's on the needles next?.............


....Looks familiar, doesn't it?

There's a tale..........


I was knitting these up in my spare time, some of which was waiting for my Reiki session at the Crystal Zen Garden. Unfortunately, boss man Ian has been at me for a while to knit him a pair of rainbow socks....When he saw these, he wanted them...exactly the same but a size 8 please!

So, it's off to ebay, managed to find some more regia clown in a buy-it-now ( I will be reimbursed), it arrived of Thrusday while I was out so went back to the sorting office for collection which I did Friday morning...on the way to a Reiki session.

Anyway, long story short, Chris, the other Reiki healer also wanted a pair! So now I have to knit the same sock not twice but six times!!!!

Curse, you betcha!

By the way, see the cute sheepie stitch marker? That's courtesy of my mate Donna who made them 'specially for me. I'll have to order more now!


In retaliation, I also cast on a quickie(ish) project, with all my odds and ends balls from Colinette.


It's a throw on 8mm needles in a chevron pattern, really easy but it is beginning to get a wee bit weighty which is a bit of a strain knitting at the moment.



It is pretty, though, isn't it?

Actually, the reason why it's a strain, I had a bit of a tumble, bashed all the way down my left side and had to have help with everyday stuff like getting dressed, cooking and carrying for a while. I am somewhat recovered now, but that's why Tuesday's was a little shorter than usual.


I also cast on for another project, when the insanity of the second sock hit, it's a pattern and yarn from my SP Charity.


It's a shawl pattern called Adamas from Knitpicks, it caused me a bit of a stir as it requires 36 STITCH MARKERS!!! I've reduced them a bit but I've had to call in favours left right and centre for some to be made up for me, I only had about ten!



So far, it's not an easy knit and has had a frog or two, mainly due to my inability to follow instructions properly!! However, I have learned not to make up the missing stitches as I go, just take it back a few rows and work out what went wrong. Hopefully, I'll get the pattern better in my mind soon, then it'll be more intuitive. Lovely though, isn't it? I love the way it starts from the centre of the top edge and radiates down diagonally either side, clever stuff!


Anyway, I'm sure you're dying to see how much moolah I burned on Thursday,....

Here's a clue..............

...I've never managed to come away with TWO big bags, so, it is quite an achievement.


There WAS only one bag, but then the lady at the till mentioned the pound box, but I digress...



This was the selection of Jitterbug ( yes, Jitterbug!) I found for Mel to choose from ( so it wasn't all mine!). It was in the £4 per 100g section 'cos the dye wasn't as washfast as it should have been, still one hell of a saving from a tenner each!



This was my choice of Jitterbug ( well, I had to share in the savings, didn't I?)



This was also in the sale room, i couldn't believe my luck! It's the brand new Banyan Yarn, aparrently they've changed suppliers 'cos the first batch was "a bit twisty". It means there's a pile of fab colours just waiting to be snapped up!


So I had to get the book to go with it, obviously!

As they're DK weight, the book could be used with any DK yarn, like this one...


...Yep, also new, Cadenza, the DK merino, also in loads of luscious shades. Considering these both retail about £4.50 per 50g skein, they're half price!
I was pleased with this haul too...


..Despite for the first time in my life paying FULL PRICE for a skein of yarn, I got the rest from the bargain room, a really unusual purple, brown and cream shade that looks brown in artificial light. I have just the pattern for this one at home, an Enigma and Giotto Mix.


From my throw, though, I did also find how slippery it was..on the journey home from Colinette, it undid the knot at the side and slid through a few stitches of the yarn below and above- I picked them up and double knotted it but I'll be doubly careful with this garment!!

Not full price, but more than usual, these skeins of Parisienne kid mohair called to me..


...as did this reduced skein of TAO pure silk!


At £10 I could only justify one, but it had to be done!


So, I had to have the pattern book too, after all, there's not a lot of patterns for 4 ply Mohair, ( and I do have tonnes of the stuff!)


...And this one, well, I like the jacket on the front and my excuse is it's all 4 ply so I can use more of my stash...



Okay, I was at the till at this point, flexing the plastic to the tune of £124 whan the assistant mentioned the pound box. Pound Box? My ears pricked up as she led us to the less than gorgeous but nonetheless perfect box full of solid shaded yarns, their only crime was, they were old stock, but by all accounts felt well.



£13 later, I came out with my TWO bags of goodies, 600g of pale plum DK, 600g of Sand DK ( I passed on the bitter Choc Skye Aran) and 100g 4 ply in Ochre. Definitely room for some overdyeing here, I mentioned it to the shop assistant and her ears pricked up, I don't think she'd thought of that!



Finally, I thought you could have a Pixie thought for the day, she's one of my mate's brood. And what are her thoughts on today's blog? "Feed ME. I'm gorgeous, and boy, do I know it!"

2 comments:

Donna said...

Blimey, what a haul, you must have been saving up for that trip!!
Sorry about your injury, how did you manage to do that?
Oh and thanks for showing my sheepie, hee hee.

Romelda said...

ooh, ouch, sorry to hear about the tumble . . just as I am getting up you went down, how unfair!!
I am drooling over your haul at Colinette. You have some beauties.
Happy birthday, package finally went over today! Hope you can put it to good use