Thursday 7 June 2007

Not so Short but Sweet

We're on the home straight!

The artist formerly known as the s****y fleece has been renamed the Cinderella fleece 'cos it spins up quite pretty once you've wrestled with it, it's super short short bits and the tiny ends and suchlike.

Anyway, you can now see why I've had less time at the computer, so far I've spun up ten skeins of this stuff, and the bag in the pic is the last one! With only another 2-3 bobbins worth left, I'm considering my next mission. And it's a doozie!

In the spirit of the event which shall not be named at the latter end of this month, it was always my intention to spin, discard or otherwise palm off on some poor sap (sorry mel!) at least 2 fleeces from my collection. I've probably achieved that now or will do after the last bag is spun.
So, I'm continuing along the same vein with the FIVE BAG CHALLENGE.

This will mean I grab 5 carrier bags of fleece from the back room, perhaps not whole fleeces, just whatever's there and aim to spin at least half of them before the end of the month. The remainder will be spun up in July and depending on how well or badly it goes, I may plan for something bigger and better after christmas!

So, If you wish to join in, feel free, you can always leave a message as to yuor progress and I will update as we go.

In other news, we have a final date for the closure of our LYS. It will finally close its doors on the 16th June after numerous years of service and will be sadly missed (especially the bargains of the last few months!) HOWEVER if all goes to plan, Val and Lyndsey from the New Brighton knitters will be starting a new venture some time in July with a combined yarn shop and haberdashery and lord knows what else here in (not so) sunny Liscard! I wish them both well in their new adventure!

No comments: