Sunday 10 June 2007

Normal Service Resumes - with an oopsie or two!!! + SP stuff

Wow, it's a scorcher of a day (as I'm hidden away in the cave of a room with the 'puters, curtain across, am I a bit of a vampire?) . Anyway, as the title states, things are approaching normality again, still having health hassles and i'm pretty wiped out after the full-onnness of the that few weeks but I'm still here and still creating and life's pretty good.



Speaking of creating, I thought I'd go arty farty and take a few outdoorsy shots, rather than chucking stuff on the bed and hoping for the best! Despite being outside in the blazing sunshine, they look a bit like a cloudy day! Still, A for effort! doesn't the red look super vibrant against the dark green foliage though?

Anyway, the first pic is the latest skein off the bobbin, completed only last night. It was only midway thru creating, it occurred to me- there's no turquoise in this bag....oopsie! So the last 2 skeins will have something missing but, hey, that's creativity for you.....



As I rarely show outdoors, I had to put this one in, my Marigolds out the front. I painted the pots myself a few years ago, they look pretty good together, don't they? (Oh, and ignore the flaking paint!)

I also forgot to take a pic of this, a lovely 200+g or half pound of Merino tops given to me by my Secret Pal, it's a lovely blend of muted greens and is so soft it's screaming to be spun as laceweight ( if I have the patience!). I'm saving it for a while 'till I can give it my undivided attention- I like to leave the special stuff 'till later, get the rubbish out of the way first and it makes the special stuff even more special!


Pretty though, huh?

I haven't given up on knitting altogether, however ( hubby just said the equivalent of how could I?), I'm being semi-virtuous and picking up on a few UFO's ('till i get fed up with them again!).

So, this will eventually be a knitted bag, it was a kit from Home 'n' Bargain for under a fiver that Hobbycraft have now rebadged and are charging £15 for!


And the Jaywalkers are making slow but steady progress, nearly up to the heel again which is good. Plus, the aforementioned wheel will arrive at some point tomorrow (thanks again Alpaca Spinner!) so I'll have to find something to do while I'm waiting!


I still love the colours though!


Oh yeah, more Sp news, I've had a lovely e-mail from Charity, my SP ( who's given me her blog now), she's going to the Maryland Sheep Festival- which coincidentally occurs on the same dates as the event that will not be mentioned at the end of this month; and she's promised goodies!!!


And Romelda's threatened that there's something in the post too! Hope you're feeling a little better, we're all thinking of ya! I am a lucky girl, aren't I?

I'm still debating what to get with birthday pennies, I'd originally planned to book a Japanese embroidery course at Burton Manor but when I phoned, it was full up! I know my teaching day will clash with the next one in November so I guess it'll be next year, which means I've got an extra £100 to spend! Plus, hubbie's threatened a Colinette trip- we've even got a tentative date! You could do a fair bit of damage in Colinette with that amount!



Floppy despairs of the fact he'll have to share his space with even more yarn! (But doesn't mind too much if it means he get's extra attention!)



Biscuit just wants us to turn the heat down, she's coping well though and seems through the worst of the Arthritis flare up which is good.


I'm in the grip of startitis again, did a list of ten next projects (and 10 UFO's) to do then decided maybe a sleveless top or two in cooling cotton wouldn't go amiss in this kind of weather. You just know it, though, the day you finish something like that, the weather'll change irrevocably for the rest of the summer- It's like taking an umberella on a cloudy day- you know it'll never rain!







1 comment:

Kath said...

Have you added photo's to earlier posts or am I going mad? Sad day today - what will we all do now with no Ryder House? E-mail on it's way to you!