Tuesday 5 June 2007

IT'S MY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...And If I don't get my blog done now, certain PERSONS will hang, draw and quarter me!!

So apologies for the lack of pics at this stage, I will add them in when I get a spare second (which may be a while!)

It's been a packed schedule since my last post, with a visit from Mel, a visit to Donna and a guild meet Saturday which was less than fun packed (particularly trying to get home during the Lord Mayor's Parade- which bizarrely I ended up doing last year too!).

Sunday I was trying to recover from the previous week and spent a happy hour or two spinning and considering my new wheel (yes, I WILL be a three wheel family, although how long for is not yet known!) then a productive afternoon planting up marigolds into pots with a huge bag of compost from B+Q and more than a little judicious weeding (the forest of nettles) in a sort of accidental on purpose that if I got stung, there was an old wives tale about it taking away the pain of Arthritis which has been a real problem for me of late.

Well, for those that are interested, I did (get stung), it did sort of (take away the pain) but basically to replace it with a new type of pain that lasted a good 24 hours. Not necessarily recommended and probably a lighter workload (less blogging!) but things have improved slightly.

Anyway, Monday I attempted to show willing and do Yoga with a friend, lasted roughly ten minutes before we gave up and I knackered my back in the process! I thought excercise was meant to be good for ya! Anyway, bacause of aforementioned back, I didn't check my e-mail 'till 11pm to find a message from Alpaca Spinner (wonderful woman) that there would be a delay with delivery of my new Joy as it was stuck in customs! but also she'd had a word with the suppliers and to contact her asap as she might have an answer to my wobbly Traveller spinning problems. Hence early today, there was a mass flurry of calls rearranging a meet with ma and pa to today ( rather than Thursday), trying to get in touch with Alpaca Spinner (which I finally did) and due purely to her persuasive nature, this little wonder has arranged a replacement flyer for me gratis despite my wheel being a week out of it's one year guarantee! That's real service for you!

So when Mel called (as I was mid-way thru composing a mail to her), I kinda went into hysterical laughter, not sure what the poor girl thought, probably i'd gone off my rocker!

Anyway, I finally arranged a suitable meeting time with parent-types for lunch in Liverpool then we went all touristy and did a trip on the Mersey! It's been years since I've been on a ferry and it didn't cost them a penny and I think it was a good switch off for all concerned.

Anyway, I've had most of my pressies and some lovely cards (and some lovely money!!) and I'm just back from the Knitting Group which was a touch on the surreal side this evening (especially with alcohol) but more about that at a later time. Suffice to say fun buns were eaten, alcohol was consumed and (I hope) a grand time had by all. Soon there will be a link to our new group blog where I will also be posting knitterly things so watch this space!

Anyway, knitting stuff, currently on the needles is the SECOND Jaywalker, love the yarn, love the pattern, don't think there'll be second sock syndrome there!


Also bought for me by me, another Posh Yarn sock yarn, this time in colourway INFERNO. Possibly at some future point to be turned into Monkeys, time will tell.


And on that note, I will end this ramble, hopefully vaguely coherent and the promise that as soon as life starts to behave more normally usual service will resume ( I hope!).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

happy happy joy day!! I ordered a present for you but alas, it has not come, boo-hoo, . . but . . on the other hand NOW you know something good is coming and you can watch for it! SHep is staying in Austrailia for as long a he can..he loves it. I'm enjoying his trip through his pictures and trying not to be jealous. I'm glad your day was a happy one
fondly, Romelda

Donna said...

Hey, you didn't mention it was your birthday, naughty!
Happy Birthday, (a bit late)!