Sunday 2 November 2008

Not the sharpest tool in the box...

I was just about to start this post when I realized Blogger had screwed up big time last post ...I was so spaced and time constrained or I would have spotted it. Still, it's fixed now and I'm keeping this one simple 'cos I've not had the best of weeks energy wise and this weekend's been a doozy. Still, silver lining, I've knitting to show you...


I've finished the first of mum's looong socks and in daylight hours (I learnt my lesson on that one!), I've been working on the second. Being ribbed, they're really stretchy hence nothing like as skinny as they look.

I've been good too, a few weeks ago I got all my UFO's together and wrote 'em all down so anytime I get a dose of realism (not too often), I can reach for one and do a bit more. Well, after the holidays, I got the urge to root one out...


I gave up on the Pampas coat when I couldn't focus on the cable pattern, side shaping and measuring whilst at knitting group so, after a reasonable frog of one front, I've spent most evenings knitting and here's the result. I've now completed both fronts (without mistakes!), one sleeve and I'm not far of completing the second. In practical terms, it is a quick knit providing you can give it a reasonable chunk of your attention. I've passed the duplicate pattern fob another knitter so there may be another on the horizon soon. With a little luck, I'll be sewing up today or tomorrow and I'll be looking for another neglected project by mid-week.

I am being seduced over to the other side too....


I joined a few swaps over on swap-bot recently and had a brainwave to both knit and crochet a xmas ornament. I enlisted the help of Nadine from knitting group who volunteered to show me what to do...In typical fashion I'd not only snapped the thumbnail but also the middle fingernail on my left hand extremely short and as both digits were needed to hold the slipknot, it meant I was somewhat stymied!

Still, they are getting less painful now so I'm hoping that by mid-week I'll be fit to hook. To be honest, watching the things Nadine produces has kind of swung me in favour of the hooky stick so maybe I'll have a dabble and see whether it suits me or not. I do have a heap of patterns all queued if I do.....

I'm afraid the timetable's somewhat slipping as regards to dyeing and etsy updates. I did manage one fleece dyeing session but there's loads to do and I can't push myself right now so I'm putting the next update on hold for a couple of weeks. It'll be all the better for it 'cos I put my heart and soul into my dyeing and half-hearted attempts never come out as well. I have grand plans and I want to live up to them. I'll update on the blog as and when I'm ready.

Ah well, better get back to the knitting....

1 comment:

Joanna said...

I shall look forward to seeing the limegreenjelly fibre you were spinning take shape, I took a detour from Charity's blog ( I am freestylefibre aka limegreenjelly)