Sunday 16 November 2008

Another fortnight, an update and knitting fever!

Well, I think I've got the hang of Blogger's new picture ordering...

Sooo, I can get on with the mega catch-up since last posting. Basically, poor hubbie's been working 2 Saturdays now so last Sunday we had the meet-up a day late (hence no blog) but this weekend we've had a catch-up instead so here I am!

First, a FO...Or should I say a Uuurgh FO?

I finally completed the Wendy Pampas coat and can I say it's beautiful?....Just not on me!
The buttons (shown by the needle tips) should start at the bustline...instead, they start just where I want to move the eye away from, namely my stomach! Then there's the overall thickness of the coat over my shapely hips and the overall look is HUGE! At least my legs look sticklike!

There is a positive ending to this story...Just because it doesn't suit me doesn't mean it's not beautiful and so now we're finding it a lovely new home...and raising money for charity too! The coat is in the window of Made and we're having a week-long auction with the highest bidder at the end walking away with it. And any money raised will swell the Children in Need coffers a week late so it's a success story all round. Fingers crossed we get a reasonable amount.

After all, the original yarn was gifted from Linda's stash so it seems only fitting that any proceeds go to a children's charity.

I got some more of my swap-bot swaps...this one was the yarn and chocolate swap. Guess what I got?

2 Balls of lovely soft fluffy angora yarn and a slightly squished but nonetheless the worse for wear bar of Lindor chocolate. I might have partaken of a piece already and it's yummy! We have Lindor chocolates here but not in bar form, thank you so much pearlie!

I have made use of the free time on Saturdays to get fibrey goodness ready for todays update....


There's more of that if you scroll down and even more to be listed midweek once the roving's dry.
I got my yarn through midweek ready for tomorrow's Mystic Ice knitalong start....


2 skeins of 10/2 Tencel in New York and 2 in Silk Socks, handdyed especially for me! Tammy
even ballwound 2 of the skeins at no extra cost just because of a little wait! Thank you! The Tencel yarn is a little harder than I'd envisaged, i.e. more tightly spun so it will wear well and I'm interested to see how it will wash and block. It'll be another case of watch this space!
There is another FO to show you, sorry the pic's so lousy....


So mum's Xmas knitting is now sorted, these long socks will certainly keep her warm! Actually, it's been a busy knitting fortnight, After Nadine crocheted the snowflakes for my swap, I knitted a little something else so I'll be able to get these in the post by midweek at the latest. I hope they like them! This is for the knitted Xmas ornament swap and I've had one through already but it went walkabout before I took a photo.! Never mind, it'll save for next time.

I've finally got back to knitting the made-up socks too....


These will become Xmas socks for my FIL, hence another UFO completed and Xmas knitting to boot!
I have been knitting a wee projectette for myself as well, I kind of fell in love with this one, particularly when I saw the yarn....
So far, I've completed the unpatterened back and am nearly finished on the first front. It knits up quite quickly on 6mm needles (originally it should have been 6.5mm) though it's a tight knit fabric.


If it's finished before xmas, it'll probably go on display in the shop to save me getting it all bitty before the main event. Dual purpose then!
Out of someone's field of vision, I've also been knitting this...


It's from a pattern in Son of a Stitch and Bitch but whilst the original used Silk Garden and Baby Alpaca (mega bucks), his uses humble Marble DK (acrylic) and Wendy Mode (50% Merino, 50% Acrylic) so it costs a fraction of the price and will wear a darn sight better too!
I love the way this has knitted up, the body, knitted in the round only took a week and now I only need to pick up the armholes and knit downwards to complete it...once I get the correct needle tips on the cord!

Anyway, shop goodies, wanna see some fibre pr0n? Actually, some of these haven't even hit the shop yet as they'll be added on Wednesday, so it's a kind of teaser too....



So far, there are 2 lots of batts, only the second (Blackberry fusion) is up so far as I need to drumcard one more. There's no telling if others will creep in by midweek, time permitting!


There's yarny goodness too, made into longer-than-usual skeins for longer colour striping
...

This one's called Hydrangea....


This one never made it to the shop as it's only 80g so it's mine all mine! It shades from darkest green through a range of reds to inky purple black, can you imagine how those socks will turn out?


After the problems with the last update and the "fake" merino, I had to revisit Forest canopy again...

This one's primed for wednesday, a multi-hued combination of blues in squishy soft Corriedale


Another "Singin' the blues" maybe?

And these are my foray into Mawata pure silk squares......




Pretty? It was great fun dyeing these and I bet they'll spin up into really interesting yarns. I may have waylaid an odd set for myself....
These will also be appearing on Wednesday, fresh from the dyepot some lovely, squidgy Bluefaced Leicester....
"Wild Flowers"
" Sweet Stuff"
" Rosy bouquet"
" Iris" (I can see this one appearing in differemnt variants, it's a particular favourite of mine!
And finally...
" Study in Purple", shading from pinky-purples to bluey purples with bits of other stuff chucked in for good measure!
Once they're dry, I can weigh them and price accordingly, hence the Wednesday listing! Posting will be Wednesday too this week so I'll be busy!
With a trip to Colinette on the cards for tomorrow and a larger role for me at Made, I won't have a chance before. Still, it's all good fun!
Until next time....

1 comment:

Ronni said...

Gosh look at all the pretties! I'm finally catching up on all my blog reading. Looks like you have been having a ton of fun in the dyepot!