Thursday 7 February 2008

UK Swap Topic of the Week- Project Process

Q: What is your process when planning a project? Do you shop for yarn and then find a suitable pattern? Do you find your pattern and then go out to buy the yarn? Or are you stash-busting? If your stash is out of control, how did it get that way?

A:1) I see a new pattern I like and buy the yarn to go with it (Like the Walking carpet Coat- I will get around to posting a pic soon!). It helps if both the yarn and pattern are cheap!

2) I see a new pattern and I stash dive in order to reduce the stash (ha ha!).

3) I see beautiful yarn (like Posh Yarns) and plan projects around it.

4) I bulk buy yarn in for potential future projects (bad idea!).

My stash has a personality and an ambition to take over the world! I have tried to tame it, shelve packets, box stuff but still it creeps into every room. It has satellite stations in parents and friends houses and I think that one day I will either be crushed to death by falling yarn OR falling sweaters!

No comments: