Sunday 24 February 2008

Driving Myself Round the Bend (and the straights too)!

Well, I pushed my boundaries a fair bit this weekend. In spite of the disastrous drive last Sunday, I'm pleased to announce that on Saturday I drove all the way to Mel's and then on to the North Cheshire Guild all by myself! Liverpool was busy to drive through and even worse on the way back by which time I was tired and extremely stressed but I did it and it's one step closer to Skip North which is now less than a fortnight away! Mel also deserves credit for her calm and relaxed passengership and all around morale boosting efforts, thanks Mel!

Anyway, we had a workshop and talk about decorative buttons and I made a Yorkshire button myself. (that's not me by the way!)


It was so nice to see everyone sitting and chatting, the guild is such a warm and friendly group and it has been great to see faces from other guilds and Elaines friendship day.


I particularly liked the colours that variegated cotton produced on this button, isn't it beautiful?

I did say I wasn't going to show you all my version, using pristine white thread when you haven't throughly scrubbed your hands beforehand, haven't got a length of cotton that keeps scraping the floor and are wearing that Noro cardigan that keeps trying to integrate itself into the piece ending up with a colour reminiscent of used chewing gum...

...but it didn't look so bad in the picture!

Despite recovering from the rigours of driving yesterday, I felt I needed to take advantage o the fact that poor old hubbie's been working all this weekend and get some washing done ready for Skip North. So, feeling all virtuous, I filled the machine and set it going then walked to the supermarket (as hubbie also used the car to get to work today), dragging £35 of shopping home an hour later. Unfortunately on my return, I noticed that not only had the machine finished but it was still full of water! My guess is a blockage in the drainage pipe so I may try and have a fiddle later if I'm feeling brave. I'd have put a bet on the pump except that it was replaced less than 6 months ago so it will be call out the man who can if I can't find anything easy to fix (or am feeling nervous!). It truly never rains but it pours as the new car will be into the bodyshop this week to repair the scuffs on the bumper gained at West Kirkby last Sunday, typical!

Ah well, it is Bro's Birthday on Tuesday and as hubbie will have been working 8 days straight by then, both he and bro will be taking a well-earned day off and we will be meeting up to celebrate. Unfortunately that will mean that I will be absent from both Knitting groups...so dedicated am I that only family and illness keep me away!

In knitting news, I have little to report since Thursday, (heven't exactly had much time for it!) but as Mel kindly lent me a lovely little Sirdar book, I'm knitting a cute little cable cardi today, sooo tiny!!!! I still need to work up a little something for my UK swap pal but the rest of her goodies is coming together nicely. I've culled my stash for some yarn that I think would suit her perfectly and only need a couple more items to make the package complete! I admit that my focus has occasionally wavered but I'm glad that I'm close to sending it now, I just hope she likes everything. All other knitting is on hold right now but may be picked up again next week, who knows?

Time to cast on one of the fronts...see ya next time!

1 comment:

Ang said...

The button looks wonderful and fiddley (sp?), I am intrigued!

Hope the washing machine is ok now!