Tuesday 6 November 2007

Pictures, updates, and miles and miles of lace!

Okay, it's Tuesday not Monday, but here are the knitting updates I promised. Bizarrely, I had enough energy yesterday to visit a friend, walk the dogs twice, stop in on Val's new knitting shop, sort the tea AND go to a fireworks display!

Hence, not much time for knitting OR blogging! HOWEVER, better late than never here's the latest clue completed in the Secret of the Stole knitalong.

I can see that by the end of the next clue, I won't be able to fit it all in the viewfinder so I'll have to get a bit artistic or something! Funnily enough, I like knitting this pattern better than this one...

...Clue 2 completed of the Mystic Watershawl BUT I like the yarn better in this one! I know that the cashmere's true qualities will shine through at the end after the Secret of the Stole is washed but the cashmere silk blend is sooooo nice to knit with! (should have expected that being from Posh Yarns!). The pattern needs you to have your head screwed on to follow it and I'm not always that clear-headed (and it's not always alcohol!). I still love how the pattern is turning out, it does justice to the lovely yarn and fingers crossed the yardage will work out. I'm hoping to get half the rows from the next clue out of the first skein and the rest from the last 2 skeins, fingers crossed.

I have started a new project but unfortunately it ended in the frog pond rather sooner than expected. I have some DK lilac pure wool yarn to knit my MIL a pair of gloves, not mittens, not fingerless gloves, real traditional gloves. I want a pattern to knit in the round, I've searched Knitting pattern central, Knitty and loads of other online resources, scoured my patterns and found 2 on straight needles and one that I thought was perfect. Unfortunately, it uses sportweight yarn and 3.5mm needles and knitting on 3.25mm still made it massive.

I am of course being lazy, if I swatched the yarn first I could use the diet diary's patttern generator, I just wanted to get knitting! I have also now got the perfect yarn to restart the Eastern Cable Jacket ready for Christmas so I might just have to grab the needles and pattern and take them to group with me this evening.

Oh yes, and before I forget, I've done a smidge of work on the UFO heap, the Blur sweater is in the process of being sewn up and done some more rows on the ribbed Colinette sweater. Problem is I can't find the original pattern book and apart from a scribbled single-liner telling me how many decreases to do, I can't carry on much further. Which is why I'm justified in starting something new until I sort the gloves out!

The dogs are unfazed about the noise and fireworks last night, they were a bit jumpy after we returned from the big display at the local park but then it was noisy! I had to show you this snap I got last week though...


Altogether now.....aaaah!

No comments: