Thursday 15 November 2007

AAAAArgh!!!!!

Don't ya just love it when technology actually works?
Unfortunately, blogger just 'aint right now so you'll have to settle for one lone picture :(

On the bright side, you can see some fab pics about Tuesday's adventure here.
It was a fantastic day, non-blogging new driver Lyndsey drove us (nearly) flawlessly and very confidently and we both had great fun! I really enjoyed meeting a select group of ravelers and made some new friends as well as having some sage advice as I ran around grabbing yarns and yelling "does this suit me?".



Luckily, my one pic. that blogger DID deign to download was my somewhat sizeable stash enhancement from Colinette. It appeared that small numbers actually did have a bit more pulling power, they dragged a pile of Cadenza from the back room for us to peruse 'cos there wasn't room on the shelves!

So, there's ten skeins of maroon Cadenza (at the back), ten skeins of grey/blue and colourful Cadenza, 5 skeins of Jitterbug in browns to make a jacket, 4 skeins turquiosey Cadenza ready balled to knit the Forest Canopy Shawl and some turquiose Jitterbug for fabbo socks. Well, it's a good journey, so I had to make it worthwhile, didn't I?

Unfortunately, I can't show you my lovely new stash of Posh Yarns Cobweb :(

Or my yummy Wollemeise Lace and Sock yarns :(

Or my WIP Fusion Cardi...not that that pic was particularly thrilling but I have made some progress this week. Speaking of progress, the Mystic waters Shawl has kind of..stalled. Clue 4 started well enough but I got lazy, forgot to count and had to frog the ten rows that I'd knitted!

No matter how many times I tried to work out where I was, I just couldn't relate so it's put on short term hold.

Funnily enough, since I decided that, there's been a great sense of release today that I don't HAVE to knit it. After all, it is supposed to be pleasurable! I'm happy to pick up the Secret of the Stole pattern tomorrow then I'll decide whether to tackle the mystic Shawl on the weekend. I don't want to fall behind but neither am I going to kill myself finishing them, particularly as there's a comission knit in the offing for a client for Christmas so a little rearranging of the kniting schedule may be necessary.

In other technological news, I've just about worked out how to add an avatar on Ravelry and a whole project picture! I've put some pics on Flickr from my previous posts and will eventually work out how to link everything. I'm not the most technological person, but I'm learning!

Oh yeah, and before I go, my Spoilee FINALLY got her first package! You can read all about it here.

I'm so glad she likes it, I just dread how much longer she'll have to wait for the second one (it's already been in the system a month!).

2 comments:

Artis-Anne said...

Guess I enabled you as well !! & the FC shawl as well ? very original .

Jominx said...

Wow what a fantastic haul, I am very jealous of the lovely Jitterbug and can't wait to see your FC Shawl (mine is in hiding)LOL :)