Sunday 4 November 2007

The Elephant has left the building.....

Yes, it's no longer hiding badly in the corner, the course is done 'n' dusted, final numbers 4 (which is 1 better than 3!), and I think they all had a good day. We were up on the top floor in a room I'd never beein in before, a wee bit shabby but with a fantastic view over the formal gardens at the back..which I never got a chance to photograph as I was so busy!

In retrospect, having a small group was a godsend because otherwise we plain and simply wouldn't have covered all that was planned! Everyone, as promised, went home with two patterns, a basic and a fitted sweater though the number crunching after lunch nearly saw us all off! I shall probably collapse for the rest of the week so expect some update pic's tomorrow when the light's better. A last minute attendee was actually secretary from one of the local weavers guilds so I'm hoping a bit of word of mouth might bring in extra numbers next time when we'll be exploring UFO's! Roll on February!

I'm feeling somewhat free and easy as I completed the Secret of the Stole pattern in record time (1, very packed day!) followed by the last 30 rows of Mystic waters shawl by yesterday afternoon and the second sock is approaching toe shaping so with a little luck that might get polished off this evening! I have found a potential other glove pattern for the MIL which will be nice, working with heavier than 4 ply and there's only one other pair of socks to do so I'm definitely beating Christmas knitting....yaaay! Might just sneak a bit of UFO bashing in before the next clue too..no promises though!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

good for you!! I wish I could have taken the class. It would be very rewarding to leave a class with the proper measurements and pattern for me to knit for myself. WOW! You must have been riding high when you finished all that knitting in addition to the class!
I have many projects lined up for the next weeks, after the 16th I won't be leaving the house for awhile.
Happy Knitting,

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear the class went well. Looking forward to seeing the pictures.

Anon

Donna said...

Glad to hear it went well yesterday.