Thursday 9 August 2007

Yarn Pr0n, Knitting and a laugh or two!

Postie brought me pretty things recently...


....Well, actually, postie and the library. I actually ordered the twisted sisters book over 3 months ago from Caiman Media thru Amazon. Never again! They may be the cheapest but I've had one second hand book with a whole chapter cut out- obviously they don't check them, they seem to list books they don't have, in this case it wasn't even available in the U.S when they CLAIMED they had it, and when it arrived it had a big dent in cover and a few pages, definitely nothing to do with transit, suggesting they've been buying damaged books so, you have been warned!

The Loop D Loop Crochet book is care of my Library, I have expanded their knitting section by 25% since I've been ordering! They're buying 2 more new books in for me and I've put in requests for 2 more so we shall see...

Here is the result of Sunday's dyefest...


From the top, there's the superwash wool/nylon DK, in the middle some fuzzy wuzzy 80% Angora, then the big smooshy Cashmere skein at the bottom. Here's a closer pic. of the wool.

I'd only loosely tied the skeins so some are a bit messy but I still love the look. I guess these will be DK socks or something else small.



Here is the cashmere, it was originally laceweight which I spun together on the wheel to make a loose 4ply then wound out a 20+ft skein which I dyed in roughly 1 metre sections. After drying, I rewound it to a ballwinder then a more manageable skein. There's 85g so enough for a pair of socks, I love the effect!

On the knitting front: The Blur Sweater's growing, I'm on to the front now.


I've been neglecting other knitting to get to grips with this little blighter, the Gansey sock I've been blabbering about! I put in a concerted effort yesterday to get all 3 repeats of the cable done ready for the heel. Despite the fact it looks so skinny, I have tried the leg piece and it's a pretty stretchy pattern, I like how it looks!


I'm using Rowan 4ply soft in a cream colour on a 2.25mm circular- it's lovely to knit with but you do have to focus on the pattern!

MS3 - Better Late than Never!

Getting so caught up in other things, I only got around to the stole yesterday but I made a big effort and am ready for Friday now.


It's an asymmetrical stole with a point one end and a "wing" the other. Looks a bit weird right now but I'm sure once it's completed and blocked, it'll stand out less. I'd like to keep the weekends for lace knitting once this is over but with knitting for SP11 and Christmas, I might not get the chance!

The Fresco is still growing...slowly. It's at the side of my bed so I do a few rows when I'm not fit for anything else, I guess it could become my Tuesday night thing after I've finished the Blur Sweater.


And the poor old Cable Jacket hasn't had a look in! Never mind, its time will come!

Just for Laughs!

kitteh jar

I Duz Yoga Ta Relax

If you haven't visited icanhascheezeburger.com yet, you like cats (and assorted animals) and can figure out the unique language, there are pages and pages of stuff like these!

(Saves me parading the poochies everyday!)

Well, what with all the knitting, there hasn't been time for a lot else! I am going to a spinning day soon though, it's in one of the guild member's gardens (which is sizeable), and we all meet up once a year in the summer. Should be fun, I'll have to remember the camera!

Oh yeah, and there's the stitchcrafts event in Manchester at the beginning of September so maybe a chance to enhance the stash just a little bit more?

No comments: