Sunday 12 August 2007

Seven Things Thing

Gosh, it's Sunday and I'm at the Computer (multitasking as usual!)and I haven't really got anything to blog about!

Well, I DID post on Monday AND Thursday this week, not an awful lot's happened since then (except me deciding to go on a bit of a health kick which requires HUGE amounts of fruit and veg to be lugged from the ASDA which is a good 25 mins walk away unladen!). I've put lots more time into cooking and preparing 'n' stuff so there's been less time for fiberly pursuits!

Not like I've been totally Knit-Free, I knitted up most of the front of the Blur Sweater but I've lost the run of the back to match up the armhole depth. D'oh!

I've started on the heel of the Gansey Sock- but it doesn't look that much different from the previous pic...I've come a cropper on the cable part of the Eastern Cable Jacket (Again!) which needs brain time and one-to-one time to sort out...I've done 20 more rows of MS3 but that doesn't really look andy different...and the Fresco Sweater's growing (still) slowly!

So, I remembered Kath tagged me for the Seven things Thing (whatever it was) months ago and my memory's so sieve-like that I kept forgetting to post anything! Anyone who wants tagging can consider they're tagged, I imagine most people have done it already!

Seven Things About Me

1/ I've been an Onion Buncher, an Avon Rep. and supplemented my meager college grant with my crafts all thru. college. I've taught as a Supply Teacher and in a private nursery as well as moving into customer services and even started my own business making Mohair Teddy bears!

2/ I once had a vision of my pet Chinchilla stuck down the loo; so graphic was it, I went and looked...and he was, looking extremely sorry for himself!!! A shower and a towelling later, and very gentle heat to dry him off (they're pretty delicate), he was none the worse for his ordeal (though a bit weary)and somewhat happier to be picked up and cuddled after!

3/ We once had to rescue Biscuit from the Mersey, the stupid mutt decided to launch herself under the railings onto the narrow wall below then even more stupidly, into the river which was rising at the time! Hubby had to go down the nearest steps, onto the short wall, reach down and grab her (thank god for harnesses, the handle on the back of a dog is worth it's weight in gold!) and lead her to safety. They've concreted under the railings now so it can't ever happen again!

A couple of minutes after the incident,we were walking home when Biscuit stopped dead in the path and shivered and shook all over, whimpering loudly. She was none the worse for the incident, doggie shock had hit her and a few cuddles later she was fine and we could head home. It's stuck in my mind all these years 'cos she'd obviously been mulling it over in her doggy brain, even dogs have regrets!

4/ Before I joined college, I wanted to be a writer. In sixth form I helped out at a local school and decided teaching would be better. In truth, I wanted the adoration (but not the hard work!).

5/ I also wanted to be an artist, a counsellor, a reflexologist, a careers guidance advisor, an embroidery teacher and loads more. Once I was thinking up new careers every week, I thought perhaps it was time to stop?

6/ I HATE buying shoes so much I haven't bought any in four years! I live and die in training shoes 'cos they acommodate my wide feet and narrow ankles.

7/ After shoes, clothes shopping is my least favourite thing. Being short and dumpy, it can be really hard to find nice things to wear. That's why I want to design pretty knitwear for myself, once I get my confidence up (and my critical self down!).

Wow, that's taken me over two hours!



(sorry, it should say " You go find toy, i'll wait here!, looks fine on preview but trimmed on blog!)

Be back soon with proper knitterly news, promise!

No comments: