Saturday 4 August 2007

We're all going on a(n) (autumn) Holiday, no more worries for 8 days or so!

Yup, I promised there might be something special in this post, last Tuesday, we booked a coach trip to....



...Here.

It's a LONG drive from where we live, so we've decided to be civilised and take a coach tour, no more driving for Mister P and no cooking for me! We'll be staying in 3 seperate hotels, heading thru Skye over to the Hebrides for 3 days before heading back to the mainland. Most days have tours pre-organised, some of which we have done before and not always what you would do were you going under your own steam but we get to see parts of the British isles that would be otherwise hidden to us and that's worth it's weight in gold!

We were originally looking at Ireland but there didn't seem to be anything outstanding ; I'd have loved to do the Shetlands but it was cost prohibitive, maybe in a year or two. Hubby has a bonus coming in a month or so and we decided, what the hell, let's go for it!

I have a special fondness for the Hebrides because of the works of Alice Starmore and her beautiful knitting patterns so it will be exciting to see the island for ourselves, weather permitting! Of course, whether I decide to take a Starmore pattern in honour of the trip will depend on how much concentration it takes! Maybe I'll take a selection?

On the needles right now:
I've finished the back of the Blur Sweater, just need to get the lace part of the front sorted before knitting group (Tuesday); the Fresco top has grown some, mostly from waiting in queues (and bus journeys!); I have started my first sock pattern from the Six Sock Knitalong - the Gansey sock (I'm a sucker for them!) in cream Rowan 4ply soft and unfortunately have yet to find time for clue 5 of MS3 this weekend! Have to make some time next week.

Had a lovely Wednesday when Mel called by with my fleece and picked up her Kool-Aid-alike dyes (amongst other things!). I was midway thru a major stash re-organisation which has mostly been sorted and means all my cottons are in one place, my 4 ply stash is now spread over 4 boxes, Jaeger, Handdye, Commercial space dye and anything else so I SHOULD be able to put my hands to whatever I need more easily (fingers crossed!).

Mel's been dyeing today so now I know what colours the dyes make before I even get going! I anticipate having a wee dyefest tomorrow, in between FINALLY getting to watch Harry Potter on the cinema. Hence little opportunity to get concentrated knitting time in tomorrow!

SP11 continues apace, I've got my confirmation for this round, fingers crossed I'll get my match mid August as promised then it'll be all systems go again, knitting for my Secret Pal then probably starting the Christmas knitting.

Ah well, back to the sock....

No comments: