Friday 17 August 2007

SP11, and other fiberly goodness!

Well, SP11 oficially started two days ago, I've just recieved a message from my Secret Pal and I'm still waiting for someone to spoil. Good things come to those who wait? (I hope).

In the meanwhile, I'll just have to entertain you with my knitterly pursuits.
I haven't exactly had much time for knitting this week, too much time spent at the computer!

I've also joined my first swap-bot swap and spent all of Thursday scouting the ultimate pattern for my swap mate! I'm overdoing it, I know, I always do! Then again, most Sp'ers will know it's the thrill of spoiling someone, it gets you every time!

Anyway, I digress, Despite being chained to the Keyboard cataloguing all my knitting books (8 pages so far!), I JUST managed to finish Clue 6 yesterday.


Mel was trying to get her head around the final design, hopefully these pics will give you some idea. It ends with a point at one end and a curved arc of a wing on the other. I put tissue behind so you could see the pattern better (ignore the creases!).



This is a close-up of the wing, it started in the left hand corner of the eyelet holes and has travelled along by means of short row shaping, increasing as it goes to form a sweeping curve.

I've sort of promised Mel it'll be completed by the time I see her on Tuesday so it'll be a heavy knitting weekend!


The Fresco's grown too, jsut a few rows before bed and a few in the morning suddenly took me up to the armhole shaping (which was a surprise!)


And the Gansey Sock's shot along, I'm actually well into the foot now plus as it only has the mini cables and heart pattern on the top. It knits up considerably faster (and is now car knitting too!)

I have been a bad girl though, I had to look at Posh Yarns stuff on Sunday....Fatal!


The bottom skein is a sock yarn Emily (80% Lambswool, 10%cashmere, 10% Angora) in shade Chameleon; and 2 skeins of cashmere/silk laceweight in clover and springtime. Gorgeous!



I was rooting around my stash for my swapmate and found this, doesn't it blend with the others well? Anyway the 3 together make 1200 yards, so I was thinking...Bee Fields Shawl? especially now there's a Knitalong...or....Honeybee STOLE?

Yup, she's done it again, made her gorgeous triangular shawl into an even more stunning rectangular stole...I'm in love...BUT

I've got to think knitting for others FIRST boo hoo (not really!) and leave such guilty pleasures 'till Christmas maybe when there'll be time aplenty to enjoy them.

Well, hubby's been off today, good thing too 'cos he's working overtime tomorrow! I was getting really stressed not getting my SP matches so we went out for the day, I got overpriced magazines from Borders so I didn't have to wait for the U.K. versions, had a lovely lunch, moved on to Voirrey Embroidery where I picked up a Noro World of Nature then on to Abakhan where I met Kath and made a purchase or two! oh yes, and scone with jam and cream (fruitless of course!- and no tea!) in between.

I will provide pic's but not just now, I'm brewing for a headache and feeling a wee bit fragile.

Still, I shall carry on regardless, sort out the ULTIMATE pattern for my swapmate and get that in the post next week before the fun starts.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh you are killing me. . the yarns are so beautiful, like warm honey and ginger..and then you had to mention scones.. lemon or ginger.. I have to leave and make a cup of tea and dream!! I hope you get a sp to spoil soon, she will be a lucky one!!

Jenn said...

Since my emails keep coming back to me, You have been moved to Nicole's group and will get a new pal to spoil.


-Jenn (SP11 Hostess)