Monday 3 December 2007

A whole week goes by and all I can show you is.....

Knitting, knitting and more knitting!

in Mystic waters news, here's the latest installment...


...Yeah, it's getting a bit big to appreciate all in one shot (and fit on one 80cm circular!), so here's a close-up...

As I actually managed to take these photos on one of those rare patches of sunlight, they might apppear a bit bleached but I think it still shows how much I'm loving this whole thing. I completed clue 6 in one day (albeit a long one!). Only 2 more weeks to go!

And in between all the lacy happenings, I managed to complete the cardigan i've been blogging about over the past few weeks..

....Here it is actually being worn...

..And I rather like it! I 'm happy with the fit after the alterations I'd made and the buttons...well, after buying about ten "possibles", I found the perfect specimens in my button box, from a previous forage!

There is sock news but i'll leave it to next time, suffice to say there's a bit of frogging to be done before they're done, but at least I'm working on the heel on the second sock right now.

The completion of Secret of the Stole cleared time for me to start this knit which I've been dying to start for months!

It's Twilley's freedom spirit and an interesting pattern where the front becomes gthe back and vice versa hence stripes of stocking and reverse stocking stitch. Adding increases into that makes it a bit like patting your head and rubbing your tummy at the same time but thankfully, at this time, I'm past that point. Not without a reasonable degree of frogging, however, the worst when an entire days worth of knitting went west. Ah well, these things are sent to try us!

No comments: