Wednesday 19 December 2007

21 today! (Again!)

Sorry for the dealy in posting, I will tell you the whole story in the fullness of time but for now I need your good wishes for a totally different reason.

Having a Birthday so close to Christmas is never going to be an easy thing, too many times of combined presents and the day being consumed in the feverish racing about picking up last-minute items plus the memory of three horrendous Christmasses one after another has left our dear hubbie with a deep mistrust of all things Birthday-related!

For me it means extra-special effort to try and counterract the negativity, early presents, birthday wrapping paper and heaps of prezzies on the day. There have been times when I have let things slip in the past but I think the nail on the coffin was a few years back when my dad fell down a pothole on the exact day and ended up in metal and wires around his foot and leg for months. It's been two, maybe three years now since anything major happened around Christmas but it still has that slight air of " what can go wrong this time?" Well, we kind of have repeat scenario this year but at least no-one is hurt, in hospital or at death's door!

So anyway, I'm asking anyone out there who's still reading my blog at this stressful time of year to take a second and wish my lovely Pete a happy Birthday in the comments section; hell anything to make his day a little bit different, what d'you think?

Thank you in advance for anyone that is still out there!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm, I am guessing your SP11 package isn't there yet? Hopefully it'll arrive this week.

You know how I said it seems we have a lot in common - our husbands share a birthday! Just shame it's so close to Christmas.

Anon

Anonymous said...

PS Happy Birthday Pete! Hope it's a good one.

Anon

LaLa said...

Happy Birthday Pete!

Chris said...

Thanks for your best wishes for my Birthday. Chris put a lot of effort into it and I want you all to know your wishes are very much appreciated. I hope you all have a very enjoyable and relaxing christmas.

Warmest regards,

Pete C

sarah said...

A bit belated I know, but Happy birthday Pete.

Jominx said...

Sorry this is late but Happy Birthday Pete, from a local ;D

Hope you both have a fantastic Christmas

Jo
xxx

Donna said...

Sorry this is late but HAPPY BIRTHDAY PETE!!

And Happy Christmas to both of you and the doggies!