Sunday 14 October 2007

Well and truly Dead!

Not really!
It's just !'ve had the quickest competition of my life!


Started on Saturday and ended for me on Sunday when these were delivered...



It must be a record to be "killed" quite so quickly!
(for those that don't know the rules, your "assassin" has to knit and deliver a pair of scoks to you before you finish your pair and it arrives at your "victim"). Thing was, this time it was my mate woolydoodles, the pattern was posted late Friday but I only picked it up Saturday morning and had just about finished one sock by midday Sunday. Mel arrived at 4ish this afternoon complete with this pair of beauties!

Well, I may have dropped out of the competition early but I do have a nice pair of socks to wear!

In other news, the Print o the Wave is finally finished...

...It blocked beautifully and looks very pretty. I do like it but am quite relieved to have finally finished and it will no doubt be winging its way to its new home this week (extremely slowly!).



It's quite a bit darker than the pics but you get the idea, I just hope the intended recipient likes it!

So, big project ticked off, sock wars somewhat prematurely ended, what do I turn to? Christmas projects? Naah, I've been catching up with Secret of the stole, completed clue 1 from last week and am working my way through clue 2! I have had to frog around 30 rows which slowed things down a bit but with luck I'll be completed mid-week so I can actually get on with some Christmas knitting.

Fingers crossed!

1 comment:

Romelda said...

I am shocked. you knit so fast!