Thursday 18 October 2007

If I Don't Take a Minute.....

....To type this post, a whole week will have gone by, so, better late than never!

I managed to catch up with the 2 clues on Secret of the Stole, see what you think...


I'm afraid they're rather rushed photos so they don't exactly show the cashmere's potential but at least you can see it's growing! Unfortunately, as I was dragging it out of its hiding place to photograph it, I snapped the thread from the cone so that'll be an extra end to weave in, bugger!


On the bright side, the beads that my Secret Pal sent me in the first package work wonderfully with the piece, they contrast just enough to stand out without being glaring so once again, thank you, my Secret Pal!

I actually finished the stole on Monday evening and, not put off by the somewhat slow going of the Scar sock incident, returned to the BMP's...

I'm really pleased with the progress, this photo shows exactly where I'm at right now, i.e. just starting the foot of the second sock. I've made a few modifications to the original but ended up doing the feet on 2.25mm needles as per (nearly) the original instructions. this does have the slight disadvantage that there are acres of plain stocking stitch on the foot after the great variation in the leg and it doesn't exactly grow very quickly!

Never mind, at least I can oficially say I've got into Christmas knitting and I'm hopeful for a relatively speedy finish- after clue 3, of course!

Good times ahead with the Cheshire Guild Friendship Day on Saturday and my First course on the 4th November too, I'll be (hopefully) teaching them how to design knitted clothes for themselves. I've been hammering the keyboard refining my original worksheets down to 6 pages (max. photocopies per student!). So far, the numbers are few but I'm hoping that there will be some last-minute takers as it will certainly be an interesting day! Ah well, whatever happens, Burton Manor always puts on a great Buffet lunch on a Sunday, they do the full carvery bit, and for once, I won't be paying for it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, you have knit all that since getting those beads? I'm impressed. I love how they contrast with that yummy cashmere. I think we make a pretty good team!

Congrats on starting your Christmas knitting. I've started too, but only just. Somehow I keep getting distracted by other things.

Have a great weekend.

Anon