Thursday 25 October 2007

I give up! Secret of the Stole Update...finally!

Well, I had it all planned, but then life gets in the way!
My Sunday post was postponed because of a fab friendship day on Saturday (goodies pics to follow) hence family meet-up the next day.

Still, I've been a dilligent knitter, I actually finished clue 3 on Sunday...but I lost the lead to upload the photos! Still, better late than never...again!


It's really growing now, I'll have to check what the finished length is again to see I'm on target as tomorrow's clue lets you shorten or lengthen it so I can make the judgement call then.



Again, I'm really impressed at how this is turning out, the cashmere won't show it's true beauty until it's finished and washed but it's draping nicely, even at this stage.

The BMP socks were also completed over the weekend leaving a space in the itinerary for another Christmas project. I have a great glove pattern all lined up for the MIL, then I went and lost it so I had to do a bit of quick thinking to skip a couple of projects- need to print out the Jaywalker pattern again and focus on some long ribby socks for my Ma. There'll be some update photos in the next post so you'll have to wait and see!

I have some luscious cashmere/silk laceweight on the needles too for the Mystic Waters Knitalong which started on Wednesday. I love everything about the pattern and the yarn but there's a problem...it's a triangular shawl and I might not have enough to finish it. The pattern calls for 1200 metres but in error, I got 1200 yards! Ah well, watch this space, there may yet be a substitution or a bit of jiggery pokery.

If that wasn't enough, I've been squeezing in a little charity knitting for a very worthy cause ,
the Chilidren's Society Big Knit campaign. They're looking for 8" knitted squares in red wool to make a gigantic christmas stocking. You can click on the link below for more information if you can lend a hand. They need 7500 squares for the beginning of December and they're only up to 596 so far.

The new knitting shop continues to form, We're moving the Tuesday knitting group there next week! With a little luck, they're hoping to open by the end of next week (and I'm getting a sneek preview tomorrow)!

4 comments:

Peggy said...

Your stole is beautiful. Moving right along. I'm doing Mystic Waters as well. I look forward to seeing it as well.

Anonymous said...

Oh man, if I could have done mine in cashmere I would have! It looks beautiful. Great job!

SYLVIE said...

Your stole is looking really nice! You sure are one busy person!

I'm about 1/3 done with my clue 3, hoping to catch up by this weekend.

Amanda said...

I bet the cashmere is heavenly to work with- and will feel even better to wear! I am itching to block mine as to see its true beauty as well.