Wednesday 16 May 2007

Wahey, fixed it! Holiday snaps and a bit of news!

Yaay, managed to fix Kaspersky so now I can post piccies again! I bet you'd have got tired of my rants without the occasional snap to brighten the scene! Anyway, here's the first inastallment of my holiday snaps, a bit all over the show as I forgot the camera on Sunday- Puzzlewood, ace! and other days I carried it then it was too wet or I just forgot! Anyway, the first one is of nearest and dearest on "his" day, the Bank Holiday Monday.



It took some leaflet searching to find the Transport Museum, Worcester. In fact, it was outskirts of Birmingham which somehow made far more sense, what with its more industrial background etc. I bribed himself to have at least one shot by the buses as evidence we'd actually been there but I have to say it was a bit pants! Fine if you're the bus equivalent of a train spotter with all the boards up showing engine ratios and stuff but it could have been a bit friendlier to joe public. The thing that made us laugh the most was the £7 for entry to the museum and ALL DAY BUS TRIPS!!!! Which as far as we could see was to Birmingham city centre...like a park 'n' ride?? Most expensive one of them I've seen in a while on old but not particularly special buses- defo for enthusiasts only!



We managed to find a sunny spot to take a few of our barn conversion and surroundings as it was so pretty (shame the bed was so firm). In particular, we enjoyed the doves mobbing the Birdtable every day in the morning and afternoon- went thru a whole bucket of seed that week!



This is one of the views out back- we had full access all the way round the building and lovely mature shrubs and plants with a pond out front. There was a pretty courtyard garden out back with aforementioned birdtable and a wooden swingseat ( had to have a go, of course!).



This is the back of the building- too much plantlife at the front to get a shot! It was built in a T shape with the 2 bedrooms at the top, then bathroom, living room and finally kitchen. Small, but perfectly formed! It had originally been a Piggery at the rear of a farm and there were still traces like the cobbles out back.



This was the view down our lane, the Malvern Hills so close, you felt you could reach out and touch them! Pity the weather was mixed so we didn't really walk, but we still managed to fit plenty in (including numerous little cider producers- well, it is Hereford, after all!).

This is a picture of the Black and white House in the centre of Hereford Proper, we'd been to the cider museum and distillery, did the tour and (of course) tried the apple brandy!



There was a Spring Festival on, hence the fairground stuff (and it was tipping down).

Anyway, enough for part one, there's also news! I got a phone call From Burton Manor yesterday as their e-mail to me had bounced (surprise, surprise, the saga continues!), to arrange a time for me to come down and "speak" to the Director (for that read informal interview), bring samples and some ideas of whatI'd like to do for a course! So I'm a busy bee at the moment, planning worksheets and a rough draft of what I'd cover in the day. I'm mulling whether I should run up a C.V., it would prove I'm professional, but do I have enough time to give everything my full attention?

I've said I have access to a whole world of knitters and will be asking them what they would most like to see on a Design your Own Knitwear course so I'm asking all you fellow bloggers and readers- what do you think?

I've also a pair of knitted slippers to knock up by this Sunday AND I've got my fab roving from Rachel this morning so it's been split up the middle and in between the rest of the chaos, I'm spinning one half to one bobbin, the other to another in the hope that whan I ply the colours will somewhat line up? Fingers crossed Folks!


Thanks to Romelda for her lovely card, there were such lovely words it near brought tears to me eyes! And also to Mel ( who I called JO in the last post - OOPS!) who spent damn near 6 hours nattering with me on Monday!

And hi to Anne playing with her new knitpicks needles ( me? Jealous? Never!) and Kath looking very dapper in her Noroesque Butterfly Cardi/Jackety thing last night who I'm also jealous of as she's Knitting the Horcrux Socks from the Six Sox Knitalong and I don't have enough hours in the day!

Still, I will take great delight in frogging my lary pink valentines sock this evening, I didn't enjoy knitting it, don't like the look of it and a quarter of the way thru the 2nd sock decided enough was enough. It will then be removed from the UFO pile!

Right, tea then nose to the grindstone.......

3 comments:

Donna said...

Hi, good to see you back and that you had a great time away.
Hey, maybe I'll use my £20 voucher to come to your course!!

Kath said...

Good to see you'll be trying a new sock with the valentine yarn - hopefully one you'll enjoy more and be likely to finish and wear!! One Horcrux done, on to the next - V comfy to wear!! Easy to do as well, try it - you might like it!

Artis-Anne said...

Sounds like you had a great holiday and glad you got your puter fixed. Good luck on Monday