Sunday 15 February 2009

Somewhat Sleep Deprived...

And with no pic's to show you right now but if I don't do a quick blog now, who knows when I'll find the time 'cos the pace doesn't seem to show any signs of slowing up yet!

I still haven't found time to organise more woodwork painting yet as we were trying to improve access into the back rooms. The Warm front advisor was arriving on Wednesday at some point so it was up early to get the dogs around the park only to wait 'till 11am before he turned up...
If I'd have got up at my usual time, don'tcha just bet he would have arrived early? Anyway, I didn't know how much he needed to explore/measure so better safe than sorry (even if it was unnecessary!). I was warned it could take up to 4-6 months so I was somewhat surprised to get a phonecall on Friday from the surveyor to measure up for the radiators! So guess what's happening tomorrow? At least it's in the afternoon!

I guess it could still be a long wait for the actual engineers but one step at a time...

In the meanwhile, Nadine's deciding whether to explore Wonderwool as a source for potential new wheels (yes, I know I'm a bad influence!) so obviously I'd support her in her venture even though I hadn't planned to visit (but it'd be nice!). It's still early days and an overnight stay would definitely be on the cards so I guess that needs booking sooner rather than later.

This morning I was up even earlier to go to a trade fair! Val had wangled me a free ticket (and transport) to the NEC and I found it really interesting. I got to see a whole heap of stuff that's either new to the market or not even out there yet and some of it might even end up in the shop in the future, exciting! I did get a small selection of freebies and a free copy of the Knitter which was nice as well as some soak samples and for once I didn't spend and money (I would have if I could!)...even my lunch was organised for me so it made for a cheap if long day out. Still, by 2pm we were flagging hence returning around 5pm. I hope I can get a bit of recovery time in tomorrow to recuperate....

In crafty news, I have decided to shelve the sweater spinning project for now. I had a pleasant day spinning one of the recent Yarn Yard plaits, a divine Merino/Nylon blend that's fluffy as a cloud and a joy to spin. I may actually be tempted to knit it into a yummy neckwarmer very soon....I spun some of my own hand-dyed BFL on Saturday too and Navajo plied it in 2 seperate lots. I was aiming for 4ply with the new control card and haven't a clue how many yards yet but it sure looks pretty and I'd love it if I could squeeze a pair of socks out.

Hubby's sweater has hit another snag; it could be minor stitch adjustment or major i.e. rip the entire back back to the rib. Not like I have the energy to work out which this evening but watch this space. It's getting more likely it'll become a UFO in the near future :(

The Xmas lace shawl is getting closer to completion, lord knows how many stitches there are on the needles now as rows take a looong time but I'm only a few weeks away from the finish now. I hit a bit of a snag with the Mystic Star shawl which required a nail biting frog of a few rows to get it right...after trying to fix it for many hours of course! Still, I'm behind on the clues but have started clue 3 which has gotta be good.

The Freedom Cardi has increased some, pic's to follow and Nadine's socks have been started so there's a few plates I'm spinning right now; on top of organising and posting fibre swaps to Australia and organising spinning swaps in this country!

So yeah, the pace of life's still a wee bit extreme for my liking but it's good too...
More next time and photos too (if my fuddled brain can cope!)

No comments: