Friday 27 February 2009

Gone Fishin'

...Or more precisely, gone dyein'!
So long as everything goes to plan, Sunday will involve the visitation of Nadine and a little dyeing extravaganza(with a Millie's cookie or two thrown in for good measure!). Blogging seems unlikely, neither does blogging tomorrow so you'll have to make do with this hastily cobbled together number.

Actually, I have a fair amount to blog about (if not pictures)!

On Monday, a week after the assessor came round to measure up for the new radiators (we're getting central heating, yaaay!) and told me it'd be 4-10 weeks and I'd definitely get two weeks advance notification; a fitter from Iguana phoned and asked if they could come on Wednesday!
I was shocked to say the least, basically a day's notice to unpack and shift 2 heavy wardrobes, a bookcase,allalong one wall which involved shoving a pile of stuff in the loft then general clearing in both the front room and kitchen. I managed to negotiate it to Monday but it kind of shot my intention to have a laid-back week all to hell.

Tuesday evening, I forgoed the evening knitting group to shift wardrobes (followed by a little drinkie) and also make a major purchase...a new wheel! Well, the pace seems so hot around here, it seemed like the only decent thing to do, that and the fact that to try one out involved a 3+ hour, 3 change train journey costing £70 return :(

With the fluctuations in the pound against the dollar, I was also a little concerned that by the time I came to save up enough to buy it, the cost would have risen so I bit the bullet and pushed the button. Damn you internet ordering sites! It'll come direct from America (as they have none in stock here) and will take 4-6 weeks so watch his space....

Wednesday was a little less frantic, visiting a mate and a much-needed massage in the afternoon. I had planned to do belly dancing in the evening but as the veggies that I chopped for the soup I was making didn't cook 'till roughly half an hour before I was due to leave, I was quite glad when Nadine arrived home late and cried off. Pete had had to work late that day so I also needed to fit in an evening dog walk at some point too.

Thursday, luckily was my big bro's birthday and both he and my hub. took the day off so we went into Liverpool and stuffed ourselves at the Buffet star then waddled back to the car. I even resisted the lure of quality Abakhan yarn!!!

Today has been extremely busy with part two of the master plan into action. Hub took today off too to help me and he has been a trooper (with guidance!). At least now it's minor jobs left to do, the room where the boiler is to be housed is suitably cleared and the upstairs radiator sites emptied.We did break off at lunch for a long leisurely bagel and cake at Brigittes so the day wasn't all about stressing and organising.

Tomorrow will be guild and we are striking out for independence again by bringing our spinning wheels (it's inkle looming)...it feels very rebellious! Hub is being a diamond and driving me there and back so I can chill out and knit on the drive so any non-dyeing time on sunday will be tidying up the last little jobs (and a bit on Saturday evening too, I guess).

Haven't a clue when they'll turn up so I guess it'll be another early rising to sort the dogs or else another plan...still a couple of days to think about it though.

Oh, and Sock Madness sign-ups start this weekend! March the 1st (US time?), 'till the 7th or until they get enough competitors (200?). The silliness really begins from the 19th...the day before Skip North! Ah well, good job round 1 generally takes a while....

Back soon(ish) hopefully after the chaos has passed......

No comments: