Saturday 6 September 2008

From obsession to shop in under a week!

BIG NEWS!!!!
The brand new shop opens its doors around 7pm tomorrow and I have HEAPS of work to do on it before then. Plate spinning anyone? Not like I haven't got a pile of items listed on ebay that finish next Sunday...

Still, on the plus side, it does give a reason for me to walk around with so much black under my fingernails (and interesting shades on my hands), no, I don't use gloves, it's complicated. Still, there has to be a plus side, either I can start wearing black nail polish (not really my style), cover my hands ('aint gonna happen) or just start a new fashion trend...maybe?

For any interested parties, the new shop can be found at www.chrispindle.etsy.com
For anyone who can't wait to see when I pull my finger out and list on it (and yes, it's all totally new to me so I haven't a clue how long it takes!), just scroll down and look at the pretty pictures...

Blue Suede Shoes - A yummy mix of Merino, Bamboo and Soya


Autumn Leaves - skinny shiny Teeswater


The many Shades of Sky - More Teeswater, I love the shades on this one

There's a ruck of Wensleydale this time, this is the first, I love how the colours blend seamlessly into one another, it's called Earth and Sky.

This one is a repeat but a little different than before, originally Spring Flowers, the yellow of Daffodils, the blue of Bluebells and the purple of crocuses but this one's a little more grown up, less springlike so I've called it "Flower Garden".

You'll see a lot of these shades about, 'till I get it out of my system. This Wensleydale was dyed in three repeats which is why the colour flows so seamlessly. It's called " Autumn Sunshine"


...See? Recurring theme? this Wensleydale is called "Flames"


I love the blues, pinks and purples in these plaits. This Wensleydale top is called " Mystic"


The final Wensleydale plait is similar but different, the purples are more pronounced verging on grey. Naming it is difficult but I'll have thought of something by tomorrow ;-)


This Whitefaced Woodland is actually two strands so it became a four-ply braid. It's a medium fineness that takes the dye wonderfully and is still quite soft. I was trying to capture 24 hours in this one and its title is apt " Night and Day". There's the inky blackness of nighttime with all the shades of blue of the day, sunshine fresh, green grass.


Onto the Bluefaced family..."Field of Flowers", buttercups and clover in a sea of grass.


This one is "Gathering Roses". It might not even get to be listed it's so popular!

This Bluefaced plait is much more firey, hence it's name, " Firelight".


This is another of my favourites, an excercise in purple shades (with gold of course!). I have called this plait " Fantasy". All the Bluefaced Leicester tops have come up lovely and soft, I want to keep them all!

I've had lovely responses to my fibre giveaway and here are the first two photos of them spun up....



This was from Daisy Buttercup, isn't it pretty?


And this one was spun by one of the ladies in our knitting group. I'd taught her to spindle spin and she's taken to it like a duck to water, this is only her 4th and 5th skein ad she's really getting the hang of it.

Phew! Well, I've got that lot out of the way, the wheel's all diasassembled and ready to be sealed up and collected on Monday to get sorted out, the ebay stuff's mostly taking care of itself, for anyone in need of a yarn bargain or for cross stitch fabric, it finishes next Sunday and the ID as last time is chris_cheats. There's a tale behind the name that I'll tell you about sometime, but not right now...

well, someone's taking it easy anyway!

2 comments:

Ronni said...

Your fibers look delish! Woohoo you!

Anonymous said...

Oh my! they are all so stunning, I want them all.....now, damn you!

Good luck with your shop.