Monday 1 September 2008

Absolutely Cream Crackered!

Whew! Well, I did say I couldn't wait to let loose with the dyes again but it was only when I was soaking the tops last night that I realized I'd inadvertantly set myself the target of dyeing a full kilo weight!

It turned into a bit of a marathon session which has left me bushed but I have managed to create this....
...and this....
'Cos the pics have been done at night, the colours are a little more intense than in reality. If fact, the lengths are paler than the BFL I dyed last time which is interesting and something I'll bear in mind when I do more and make the colours stronger.

I'm having a quieter day tomorrow to recover then it'll be hands in the dyepot again by which point the lengths I've dyed today should be dry and I can prettify them with plaits, albeit fluffier than last time.

Oh yeah, and I've spun up the fibre for my spinning swap pal too so now I just need to dye some more and drumcard a batt or two and I'll be sorted, yaay! It's been different spinning tops from the usual fleece I've been struggling through, smoother and less fluffy (with no neps!). Somehow, the dye process does bring a little extra life back to tops which have been heavily processed 9or maybe it's my imagination) but they're definitely nicer to spin.

Roll on Wednesday....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh look at all those colours! How wonderful, I'm not surprised you're cream crackered!