Wednesday 28 May 2008

Organization - Thief of Time!

I'm the first to admit that I'm not the most organised person in the world...I do the things I have to, and leave a fair bit to do when I have the energy (which isn't often). But, I started to realize that the computer was way past being sorted out; pictures backed up, files organised, you know the drill, it was a mess and it's taken me all day!

Hence no pic's of the haul...yet. You'll have to imagine the beauties I picked up at Coldspring Mill; another hank of that gorgeous blue Noro Cash Iroha (now I'll have enough for 2 sweaters!), 2 x 500g hanks of a blue mixed soft Aran pure wool yarn (nice!), another hank of the red mix wool 4ply, a purples and blues too and 6 skeins of Noro Ganpi Abaka (no, I don't have a clue what to do with it it was just CHEAP!); more unbanded packs of Freedom Wool, plenty now to make a vibrant purple sweater and a fiery mixed combination...and I got my discount despite having no KCG i.d. (it appears my application was lost in the post but it's all in hand now).

You'll have to imagine the 2 x 500g hanks of autumnaly/camouflagey browns chunky pure wool I picked up from The Skep along with some more variegated 4ply that was too cheap to miss in blues and greens and a little purple..for a little while, anyway!

I had planned to take myself off on my yarny expedition but as the men decided to tag along, hubbie drove and in a weird quirk of Tom-tom calculating different routes on the return trip to the outward one, we passed a rather excellent indian Buffet restaurant called Habib's on the outskirts of Bradford...I think the day perked up for them both after that!

On our return, somewhat stuffed from the excellent meal, we decided to go for a gentle stroll along the riverbank in the other direction.



We walked past the big bridge that marks the entrance to Grassington and came across this charismatic chap...

...He was whinging and wailing on the other side of the stile gate and as we opened it to go through, he scooted to the other side to roll on the gravel and soak up the sun!

Further along (we went further than expected...again!), we saw this group on an island in the middle of the river (there's another little 'un hiding behind mam).

We ambled along for a while then seeing a steep upward path, I decided to make that our turning point (I'm actually no good on the hills, and I'm still suffering from Monday's exertions!).

On our return trip, we saw another family traversing the rocks, stopping for a drink...
...And scooting right past us, mam even stopped for a photo-op!

Considering there were so many babies about, most mothers steered well clear of us so I couldn't get any reasonable shots but this one seemed to have a gammy leg so maybe she just couldn't go so fast?

Ah well, another day over; quite how I'm going to fit in the tale of the Forbidden corner tomorrow I don't know but it has to be done!

See you soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting topic talked about. This blog is really helpful for those who have there own pets at home.This blog talks about different ways to understand them better.