Saturday 27 January 2007

It may have taken a week, but....

Here it is, finally! Apologies for the pics being in the wrong order etc, I'm still learning but at least there's plenty yarn candy for my first post. So, in reverse order, my first skein of sock yarn from fyberspates, nummy alpaca and nylon plus a free pattern, I look forward to my next two skeins! That arrived Friday, also spent Friday plying a gorgeous merino/silk combo after a fab evening at Kaths where I used up my greenish odds and ends, picture to follow.


This was taken Wednesday, the weather was sunny and I got the urge to show the world at large what was on my doorstep- great idea, the reality was I needed to walk along the prom for half an hour to Seacombe to get the Liverpool skyline- still looks like a blob on the horizon though, I couldn't find the zoom option, d'oh! It was fricking freezing down there, it may have been sunny but boy was the breeze cold! Still, I found plenty of interesting stuff along the way which i will post at a later date (when the weather gets warmer and I take my camera!)


I couldn't post a blog without at least one pic of my babies, Biscuit and Floppy, but you'll no doubt hear about them in blogs to come.

And finally, two Christmas knitting projects, I knitted a few, I just haven't managed to get photos of all of them yet. So here is a pic of my MIL's lace cardi I knitted:



and DH's cardi which some of you might recognise as Hello yarn's free Cycling Aran pattern with a little modification as himself required a specific shade of green and after 3 months of searching for a chunky weight yarn, I ended up using 2 strands of DK pure merino which despite only costing £2 per ball, still ended up around £60 for the quantity I bought, had to be shipped from london and now I'm left with mounds of it, green yarn anyone?



So, me, I'm a knitaholic, craft loving, book purchasing, yarn lusting, reiki healing female with acres of fleece clogging up my so-called dining room just waiting to be spun into something gorgeous. My current projects are cheesylove from knitty, pic to follow, a lace sock (soon to be frogged and reknitted) and a Patons Lush aran that I need a little motivation to finish. I'll be posting my most recent finished objects shortly, and my adventures into overdyeing an already knitted garment- when I'm brave enough!
Thanks to Kath and Anne for getting me to this point, as for the rest, well, watch this space!



2 comments:

Artis-Anne said...

Hi Chris and welcome to Blogland LOL and yes you will curse Blogger at times but it is great fun and Kath & I have made many new friends and learnt a few things along the way. I know you said in your mail to me that your piccies didn't all show and funnily enough the 1st time I came here they didn't but now they do!! see told you blogger is teasing you already . Love your latest stash enhancement I too was tempted re Fyperspates sock club but as I have yet to do some socks I thought I would wait and c if I get bitten by the bug Phew this post is nearly as long as our essay e-mails ;-)

Kath said...

Hi Chris - same here re photos all up and clear as a bell just to annoy you! That MIL lace cardi looks good made up, not that it didn't as a WIP. That sock yarn looks soooo yummy, great colour but will try to resist temptation (as much as possible!! LOL!) See you tomorrow night!